Finger Licking Slow Cooked BBQ Chicken
Imagine walking in the door after a really long day and the aroma hits you. You close your eyes and smell the warm, smoky and slightly sweet scents of BBQ chicken wafting through the air and you can't help it, your mouth just starts watering!
Is it a dream? Did someone make dinner?
It's no dream, it's a reality and it only takes a few minutes before you walk OUT the door to prepare. The best part? Your Slow cooker does all the work for you (but you definitely get ALL the credit!)
Barely any work necessary!
To me, these are some of the BEST kind of meals. Slow cooked, juicy, succulent and ridiculously easy.
Do you like easy recipes too?
With just a handful of ingredients, you'll want to give this recipe a try because not only does it fit with your low-carb lifestyle, but your family will love it as well.
Whatever you decide, your meal will be a rousing success. I promise.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 Tablespoon of Stacey Hawkins Phoenix Sunrise or Southwestern Seasoning
2 T Sugar Free BBQ Sauce if desired (count as 1 condiment)
- Place chicken thighs in a single layer at the bottom of your slow cooker. (You could use an Insta Pot as well, 10 minutes cooking time)
- Sprinkle seasonings over the thighs. Place the cover on the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the lid and using two forks, shred the meat.
- Serve hot with your favorite side dishes, or chilled over a salad.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size: 5 ounces of chicken
1 - Lean
2 - Condiments
2 Weight Watchers Points
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 7.9 grams
- 2 grams
- 0 grams
- .5 grams
- 29.9 grams
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story