Char-Grilled Brussels Sprouts
Every time I make these someone always asks "Can I please have the recipe?!?"
Ah, the poor maligned Brussels Sprouts. These tender vegetables can actually be made into delicious little flavor bombs of yummy-ness with just a little effort.
Making them in the oven or outdoors on the BBQ grill, you can get amazing results quickly and easily. Even better, you can mix and match flavors by changing up oils and seasonings to have a bounty of flavorful side dishes to match just about any meal.
This recipe is delicious and appropriate for any most low carb programs. However, if you are on Optavia 5&1, brussels sprouts are not approved. Never fear however- you can substitute zucchini for the sprouts very easily in this case. Just skip the microwave step and go right to the oven.
To access more deliciously easy low carb recipes, join the recipe club for weekly inspiration!
Preheat outdoor grill to 400° F (can also be done in the oven on convection if possible)
- Trim the stems off the sprouts and cut the big ones in half so they're all about the same size.
- Add the sprouts to a large microwave safe bowl and add water. Cover with an upside down plate, or plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes until tender.
- Drain the water off the sprouts and then place in a clean towel big enough to hold all of them. Wrap tightly and shake to remove any excess water. You can do this in 2 batches if needed. Be careful, they are hot!
- Add the sprouts to a large bowl and toss with oil and seasonings to coat.
- Place in a grill basket or in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake at for 25-30 minutes until crisp on the outside.
- Serve hot or chilled as a great side dish!
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 1/4 of the finished recipe (1 cup of sprouts). Nutrition information is calculated using Roasted Garlic Oil and Dash of Desperation seasoning.
0 - Lean
0 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
1 - Green
1 - Condiments
1 - Healthy Fat
Mix and match seasonings and oils to change up the flavor! My favorites are Roasted Garlic Oil and Dash of Desperation Seasoning, Luscious Lemon Oil and Citrus Dill, Valencia Orange Oil and Wok On Seasoning. The possibilities are endless!
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!