Heavenly Green Beans and Garlic
Basic does not have to be boring- especially when it comes to vegetables.
Here, simple, fresh green beans totally pop off the plate with flavor and become the center of attention rather than a ho-hum side dish with this easy recipe.
Here, simple, fresh green beans totally pop off the plate with flavor and become the center of attention rather than a ho-hum side dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans (about 4 cups) ends trimmed
1/2 capful (1/2 Tablespoon) Stacey Hawkins Garlic and Spring Onion Seasoning
or Garlic Gusto Seasoning or fresh chopped garlic, salt and pepper
1Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Roasted Garlic Oil) or other fat of your choice*
- 4 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place green beans in a pot with a lid and add 1" of water to the bottom.
- Sprinkle seasoning over the top of the beans, trying to keep most of the seasoning on the beans and out of the water.
- Place the covered pot on the stove over high heat. Bring water to a boil and let the beans steam for 5-7 minutes, until bright green and crisp tender. Be careful not to over cook.
- Carefully drain all the water out of the pot.
Drizzle with Roasted Garlic Oil and a pinch of Stacey's Cyprial Sea Salt. Sprinkle with cheese and serve hot.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 1 C cooked, seasoned green beans,
0 - Lean
0 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
2 - Green
1 - Condiments
.75 - Healthy Fat
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 grams
- 5 milligrams
- 127 milligrams
- 7.8 grams
- 3.7 grams
- 1.5 grams
- 4 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!