Tuscan Caprese Chicken
There is nothing that makes mouths happier (or grocery budgets or home cooks) than inexpensive ingredients that combine together to make a WOW! meal.
Meet Tuscan Caprese Chicken, the perfect summer meal made easy. Made with fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella, topped with "just" the right amount of seasoning, this dish is as simple as it is impressive.
This recipe is delicious and appropriate for any most low carb programs including Weight Watchers, Optavia, Mediterranean diet and many more. Mix and match the cheeses for your personal preference and program!
To access more deliciously easy low carb recipes, join the recipe club for weekly inspiration!
- 2 C fresh tomato slices
Cheese of your choice: 8 slices fresh mozzarella or if on Optavia 5 & 1 use 4 T fresh grated parmesan cheese or 2 Laughing Cow Mozzarella Wedges PER CHICKEN BREAST (both get counted as condiments.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice tomatoes and cheese and pound the chicken.
- Layer the tomatoes, basil and cheese in the center of a chicken breast. Starting on one edge, pick up the chicken and roll it to close the stuffing inside.
- Place in an oven safe dish and repeat the process with remaining chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with Tuscan Fantasy Seasoning. Add a slice of tomato, cheese and a piece of basil to the top of each chicken roll. Sprinkle with a little additional seasoning.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Serve hot.
- Serve hot or chilled as a great side dish!
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 1/4 of the finished recipe (1 chicken roll).
0 - Lean
1 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
1 - Green
3 - Condiments
0 - Healthy Fat
Nutrition information & Lean and Green Counts are calculated using fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 7.1 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1.8 grams
- 115 milligrams
- 550 milligrams
- 3.8 grams
- 1.1 grams
- 2.4 grams
- 40.2 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!