Tuscan Caprese Chicken
There is nothing that makes mouths happier (or grocery budgets or home cooks) than inexpensive ingredients that combine together to make a WOW meal.
Meet Tuscan Caprese Chicken, the perfect summer meal made easy. Made with fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella, topped with "just" the right amount of seasoning, this dish is as simple as it is impressive.
This recipe is delicious and appropriate for any most low carb programs including Weight Watchers, Optavia, Mediterranean diet and many more. Mix and match the cheeses for your personal preference and program!
To access more deliciously easy low carb recipes, join the recipe club for weekly inspiration!
Tuscan Caprese Chicken
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
Servings: 4 Serving
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 6 oz each
- 8-12 fresh basil leaves
- 2 C fresh tomato slices
- cheese of your choice: 8 slices fresh mozzarella or if on Optavia 5 & 1 use 4 T fresh grated parmesan cheese or 2 Laughing Cow Mozzarella Wedges PER CHICKEN BREAST (both get counted as condiments.)
- 1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Tuscan Fantasy Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice tomatoes and cheese and pound the chicken.
- Layer the tomatoes, basil and cheese in the center of a chicken breast. Starting on one edge, pick up the chicken and roll it to close the stuffing inside.
- Place in an oven safe dish and repeat the process with remaining chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with Tuscan Fantasy Seasoning. Add a slice of tomato, cheese and a piece of basil to the top of each chicken roll. Sprinkle with a little additional seasoning.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Serve hot.
- Serve hot or chilled as a great side dish!
Serving Size is 1/4 of the finished recipe (1 chicken roll). Nutrition information & Lean and Green Counts are calculated using fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Like This Recipe?
Why not make more easy meals ALL the time? You don’t have to suffer any longer w ith dinners that take too long, have WAY too many ingredients and that turn out BORING.
Why not eat delicious foods that are easy to make and just might help you lose weight in the pro- cess? I know, it is a stupid question, lol. Thatʼs why Iʼm here- to help you make good food, fast and easy. Without Stacey Hawkins, food is boring. Want more? Check out all the Meal Making Systems here and then get cooking. All the reviews canʼt be wrong. Your tastebuds (and your jeans) are waiting!
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guaran- tee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.