Smoky Chicken & Mushrooms
I'm always looking for Lean and Green recipes and Low Carb Recipes that are short on time and big on flavor. "Big" flavor, however, doesn't always mean robust and in your face, as with garlic, onions, hot sauce, etc. Sometimes big flavor can come in other ways.
Meet this week's recipe: Smoky Chicken and Mushrooms. This easy to prepare dish combines the rich flavor of mushrooms with the unique flavor of smoky Alderwood sea salt to bring boring chicken tenderloins to a whole new level of excitement!
Quick to cook, easy to eat and one for the whole family. It's a Lean and Green, Low Carb Recipe great for a quick nightly meal. Give it a try!
Pair with any green veggie, salad or preferred side dish of your choice. You can also add veggies to this dish while cooking! Try broccoli, asparagus or even cauliflower for a complete Lean and Green Meal. Bon Appetite!
Smoky Chicken & Mushrooms
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: ~4 Serving
- 1/2 C low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins (or chicken breast cut into 1" chunks)
- 1 T (one capful) Stacey Hawkins Garlic Gusto Seasoning (or garlic, onion, parsley, lemon and paprika)
- 4 C sliced mushrooms, any variety or mixture of types*
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Stacey Hawkins Alderwood Smoked Sea Salt (or smoke seasoning alternative like liquid smoke)
- 2 T butter
*Try a wide variety of mushrooms to change the flavor profile of this dish. More exotic mushrooms like baby bella, crimini, oyster or shitake will make for a heartier, more robust meal.
- Add broth to a large frying pan and heat over medium high heat until bubbling.
- Add chicken. Sprinkle with Garlic Gusto seasoning and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms. Cook an additional 5-8 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked, mushrooms wilted and most of the liquid evaporated.
- Stir in the butter until melted to make a quick pan sauce. Be sure to scrape any "bits" from the bottom of the pan for additional flavor.
- Sprinkle with Alderwood Smoked Sea Salt before serving.
- Serve hot with your favorite sides.
** Want to make it more green? Simply add 2 cups of finely chopped broccoli florets to the dish when you add the mushrooms! Be sure to account for the additional greens in your serving.
Serving Size is 6 ounces of chicken and 1/2 C mushrooms. Serves 4.
Like This Recipe?
Why not make more easy meals ALL the time? You don’t have to suffer any longer w ith dinners that take too long, have WAY too many ingredients and that turn out BORING.
Why not eat delicious foods that are easy to make and just might help you lose weight in the pro- cess? I know, it is a stupid question, lol. Thatʼs why Iʼm here- to help you make good food, fast and easy. Without Stacey Hawkins, food is boring. Want more? Check out all the Meal Making Systems here and then get cooking. All the reviews canʼt be wrong. Your tastebuds (and your jeans) are waiting!
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guaran- tee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.