Smoky Chicken & Mushrooms
I'm always looking for Lean and Green recipes and Low Carb Recipes that are short on time and big on flavor. "Big" flavor, however, doesn't always mean robust and in your face, as with garlic, onions, hot sauce, etc. Sometimes big flavor can come in other ways.
Meet this week's recipe: Smoky Chicken and Mushrooms. This easy to prepare dish combines the rich flavor of mushrooms with the unique flavor of smoky Alderwood sea salt to bring boring chicken tenderloins to a whole new level of excitement!
Quick to cook, easy to eat and one for the whole family. It's a Lean and Green, Low Carb Recipe great for a quick nightly meal. Give it a try!
Pair with any green veggie, salad or preferred side dish of your choice. You can also add veggies to this dish while cooking! Try broccoli, asparagus or even cauliflower for a complete Lean and Green Meal. Bon Appetite!
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins (or chicken breast cut into 1" chunks)
- 1/2 C low sodium chicken broth
1 T (one capful) Stacey Hawkins Garlic Gusto Seasoning
- 4 C sliced mushrooms, any variety or mixture of types*
1/2 - 1 teaspoon Stacey Hawkins Alderwood Smoked Sea Salt
- 2 T butter
- Add broth to a large frying pan and heat over medium high heat until bubbling.
- Add chicken. Sprinkle with Garlic Gusto seasoning and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms. Cook an additional 5-8 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked, mushrooms wilted and most of the liquid evaporated.
- Stir in the butter until melted to make a quick pan sauce. Be sure to scrape any "bits" from the bottom of the pan for additional flavor.
- Sprinkle with Alderwood Smoked Sea Salt before serving.
- Serve hot with your favorite sides
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 6 ounces of chicken and 1/2 C mushrooms.
0 - Lean
0 - Leaner
1 - Leanest
1 - Green
1 - Condiments
1 - Healthy Fat
2 Weight Watchers Points
*Try a wide variety of mushrooms to change the flavor profile of this dish. More exotic mushrooms like Baby Bella, cremini, oyster or shitake will make for a heartier, more robust meal.
** Want to make it more green? Simply add 2 cups of finely chopped broccoli florets to the dish when you add the mushrooms! Be sure to account for the additional greens in your serving.
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!