MEDITERRANEAN ROASTED CHICKEN WITH LEMON DILL RADISHES
When I was in culinary school at the CIA, I (and all my classmates) dreaded the Roasted Chicken Test. What is it? Just what it sounds like- roast the perfect chicken. For a chef under scrutiny, it's not an easy thing (more on that below). For the home chef, it's a breeze! This week's recipe for Mediterranean Roasted chicken is a "perfect" example of how easy, and delicious a roasted dinner can be.
In this ridiculously simple, yet oh-so-tasty meal, the fresh flavors of the Mediterranean- basil, garlic, rosemary, etc. come to life on chicken thighs and and when paired with sweet, succulent lemon-dill roasted radishes? OMG Heaven.
When I make this, I always do a double batch of the chicken as it's even better the next day served over salad. On many occasion, I've even caught my family noshing on it cold as a snack. This Mediterranean Roasted Chicken is fabulous to have on hand as a leftover for sure.
And the radishes? Well, you probably will want to make a double or even triple batch of them as well. At first, my family wrinkled their noses at the beautiful side dish, but after trying just one, they were hooked. (Get the recipe HERE) Definitely give this one a try- I promise you will NOT be disappointed.
- 2 lbs chicken thighs (Remove skin if on Optavia. If using bone-in chicken, add additional cooking time)
Pinch Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning (or garlic, salt, black pepper, onion and parsley)
1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Mediterranean Seasoning (or garlic, marjoram, basil, rosemary and onion)
- Preheat oven (or outdoor BBQ Grill) to 375 degrees.
- Season the chicken with just a pinch of Dash of Desperation Seasoning
- Place the chicken in a baking dish large enough to hold them without touching one another (this speeds up the cooking process.)
- Sprinkle chicken with Mediterranean seasoning.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and serve hot, or chilled over greens for salad.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size 5 oz. chicken. Nutrition information below is for chicken only.
1 - Lean
0 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
0 - Green
1 - Condiments
0 - Healthy Fat
* Now... about that CIA Roasted Chicken? It is said that the simplest things can sometimes be the most difficult to prepare. When you are roasting chicken for critique as a student, not only must the chicken be seasoned perfectly and cooked to the right temperature (duh), but it must have a particular consistency (soft, moist, juicy and succulent) AND be the PERFECT color when roasted.
No joke, the chef instructors had a color chit of EXACTLY the shade of golden brown it should be! Thankfully, you don't have to be so particular. Just get it cooked to the right temp and follow the directions for time, temperature and seasoning, and the rest is done! :)
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 10.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2.9 grams
- 126 milligrams
- 122 milligrams
- 0 grams
- 0 grams
- 0 grams
- 41 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!