Low Carb Cauliflower Stuffing
Everyone LOVES stuffing. It’s a table staple for many holiday dinners and family gatherings alike. The problem? It’s LOADED with carbs. Here’s a Low Carb Stuffing that you can heap on your plate without the guilt AND without sacrificing flavor. You’ll have a hard time living without this- I promise!
This recipe gives you 3 alternatives, depending on your program and will allow you to mix and match what’s best for you with perfect results every time. See the nutrition information below for details.
- 16 oz fresh cauliflower, chopped fine
- 4T half and half, OR 4T milk OR 4T chicken broth
- 8 Grissini style breadsticks- plain or flavored OR 2 packages Medifast/Optavia Parmesan Cheese Puffs* OR 1/3C Bob’s Red Mill TVP**(Texturized Vegetable Protein)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- If using breadsticks, divide the breadsticks into 2 piles of 4 each. Place in a zipper bag and using a rolling pin or can (or another “tool” of choice) pulverize the sticks into medium-sized crumbs. (The bigger you leave the crumbs, the more texture you will have.) If you’re using the parm puffs or the TVP, crush them coarsely as well and divide in 2 equal portions.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a large bowl and add one bag of bread stick crumbs (or 1 package of parm puffs or 1/2 of the crushed TVP). Mix well.
- Pour cauliflower mixture into an 8 x 8 square baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining "breadcrumbs."
- Bake for 30 minutes for slightly crunchy stuffing, 40-45 minutes for softer stuffing.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving size is 1/2 C of this dish made with Optavia Puffs and broth is approx. 1/2 Lean, 1 Green and 1 Condiment.
0 - Lean
0 - Leaner
1/2 - Leanest
1 - Green
2 - Condiments
0 - Healthy Fat
NOTE: If you want to decrease the Lean value, you may simply roast the cauliflower and the seasonings without any "breadcrumbs". This would leave you with something similar to stuffing, but only needing to count the green portion and the condiment portion.
Nutrition counts below are using broth and TVP.
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story