Tender Taco Chicken- a Lean and Green Instapot Recipe
So, I did it. I bought an Instant Pot (aka Instapot)! So many of you have been calling, texting and emailing me asking for Lean and Green Instapot recipes and I've finally got enough time to start tinkering.
I'll be honest- I've had SO much fun (and crazy success) playing with this great appliance that I'm developing a Lean and Green Instapot Recipe Cookbook that will be out before Thanksgiving! To make it easy, it will be FULL of full color recipes, nutritional information, Optavia Lean and Green Recipe Counts as well as Weight Watchers Points.
Super low in calories and higher in flavor (and protein!) this is a delicious (family friendly) recipe you can make a double batch of and use all week long!
Paired with your favorite sides you can transform this chicken into salads, wraps, soups and more. Great as an Optavia Recipe, a Weight Watchers Recipe and also a keto chicken recipe (bring on the guac and sour cream!)
Happy Cooking & Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Phoenix Sunrise Seasoning
or Southwestern Seasoning (or your favorite low carb, low salt Tex-Mex seasoning)
- 1/2 C fresh chopped tomatoes or low carb, no sugar added salsa
- Your favorite on-program taco condiments
Rinse the chicken and add to the bottom of the Instapot. Arrange in a single layer (some overlap is ok)
- Sprinkle the chicken with the Phoenix Sunrise Seasoning and the Dash of Desperation.
- Add the tomatoes or salsa over the chicken, using a spoon to spread it evenly.
- Place the lid on the Instapot and close the lid and make sure the release valve is in the seal position.
- Cook on high temperature for 9 minutes and then use the quick release method to reduce the steam.
- Remove the chicken and shred using 2 forks.
You may use the liquid in the bottom of the Instapot as a sauce over the chicken for added flavor. Simply pour it over the shredded chicken. If there is a lot of liquid, you can turn your Instapot to the Sauté setting and let it boil for 3-5 minutes until the liquid is reduced by 1/2. Then pour the concentrated sauce over the chicken and enjoy with your favorite taco toppings!
Chef's Notes & More
Serving Size is 6 ounces of chicken. Because of the very small volume of tomatoes used, you can count it as .25 Green or one condiment.
0 - Lean
1 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
.25 - Green
0 - Condiments
0 - Healthy Fat
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story