Tender Italian Sausage & Tomatoes
When Italian Sausage is cooked in the slow cooker with tomatoes tossed with Garlic & Spring Onion Seasoning and Tuscan Fantasy Seasoning, the end result is a tender, juicy and moist sausage that is INCREDIBLE over a base of your choice.
Serve this over zucchini or yellow squash noodles, gluten-free noodles of your choice, cauliflower rice or traditional pasta for the family! One recipe, multiple ways to serve it.
This recipe uses just one pound of sausage, but you can double or even triple the recipe for leftovers, parties or picnics. Tasty, easy, delicious and so totally a weight loss winner!
Grab some sausage and give this one a go tonight. You won't be disappointed.
- 1 1/2 lbs Italian Sausage (hot or sweet- no sugar added)
1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Garlic & Spring Onion Seasoning
1 teaspoon Stacey Hawkins Tuscan Fantasy Seasoning
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, no sugar added
- Noodles of choice (zucchini, palmini, etc. Count accordingly)
- Add the sausage to the bottom of the slow cooker. Can be frozen or thawed.
- Pour tomatoes over the sausage.
- Sprinkle seasonings over the tomatoes and using a fork, gently combine.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Portion out 5 ounces of sausage and 1/2 C of tomatoes and combine with noodles of your choice
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size 5oz. sausage and 1/2 C tomato mixture and is 1 Lean, 1 Green, 0 Healthy Fat and 1 Condiment option.
Noodles of choice need to be counted separately (1/2 C veggie noodles is 1 Green Option).
Nutritional information below is for sausage and tomatoes only.
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!