Surf and Turk Burgers- So Easy!
Burgers, oh my how we LOVE them! A burger cooked to perfection brings to mind joyous and carefree summer days, picnics, family, friends and fun. This recipe for Surf and Turk Burgers promises to bring a whole NEW set of memories simply by taking your burger to a new level. No longer just the burger of summers past- now you can include the warm salty breeze of the ocean in your memories too!
Using fresh ground turkey, killer seasonings and shrimp, this burger combines to make a dish that is as delicious as it is impressive. Served over garlic roasted wilted spinach, salad green, on a bun or however your heart desires, I promise the flavors of this easy meal are sure to please.
This recipe is delicious and appropriate for any most low carb programs including Weight Watchers, Optavia, Mediterranean diet and many more.
To access more deliciously easy low carb recipes, join the recipe club for weekly inspiration!
Surf and Turk Burgers- So Easy!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: 4 Serving
- 1 1/4 pounds (20 oz) ground turkey
- 8 medium raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed (each shrimp should be about 1 oz each)
- 1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Skinny Scampi Seasoning or garlic, lemon, parsley, onion, salt, pepper and celery
- Preheat outdoor grill to 350 degrees. (See below for stovetop instructions)
- Place the turkey in a large bowl, sprinkle with seasoning and using your hands, combine well.
- Form turkey mixture into 4 individual patties.
- Gently press two raw shrimp into the top of the burger in a heart shape.
- Place on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on both sides until done. Turkey must be an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the grill and serve with a great side dish!
Serving Size is 1/4 of the finished recipe (1 burger.) Nutrition information & Lean and Green Counts are below.
Stovetop directions: Place a nonstick pan big enough for all 4 burgers on the stove. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Proceed to cook as above.
Are you on Optavia 5&1 and Stressing? Please stop worrying... I've got your back!
No more guesswork, no counting Leans and Greens and no more worrying about what to eat. Ever.
Stacey's helped THOUSANDS learn the secret to making ridiculously delicious meals that comply with program and KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF FOREVER!
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guaran- tee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.