Skewered Shrimp with Leeks and Yellow Squash
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
There's something about sitting down to a beautiful plate of food that just puts a smile on your face. It's like art in front of you. And when they're easy too? Well I just LOVE meals that are as quick and easy as they are beautiful.
That's one of the reasons why we go to a restaurant- to be thoroughly delighted with the food, from how it looks and tastes, to how satisfied we are at the overall experience.
Why not get that feeling at home?
This quick and easy Skewered Shrimp dish is not only delicious, it's a feast for your senses. The bright pink of the shrimp with the yellow of the squash and pale green from the leeks piled on your plate is a sight to behold.
One of the best things about this meal is you can make it for one or ten, and you can cook them in a few ways. If you want portion control or for a more elegant look and feel, you can bring on the skewers, or if you're not feeling that way, you can just throw it all together and cook in a grill basket- whatever is easiest for you.
No worries. Just pour the shrimp & veggies onto a large cookie sheet (evenly in one layer) and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes!
You can get crazy with flavor here too.
In this batch, I used a combination of Luscious Lemon Oil and Rockin' Ranch Seasoning.
However, because of the mildness of all the ingredients, you could mix and match ANY oil and seasoning combination.
Why not try:
Valenicia Orange Oil and Wok On, Citrus Dill or Dash of Desperation, Roasted Garlic Oil and Garlic Gusto, Kickin' Cajun or Viva Italiano, Luscious Lemon Oil and Garlic and Spring Onion or a pinch of Brightening Blend
The flavor combinations are endless!
This dish is also really low in calories, high in protein and perfect for your Low Carb or Lean and Green Lifestyle.
Whip up a batch of skewers today and be sure to post your results on Facebook- we LOVE seeing what you do!
Happy Cooking & Enjoy-
- 2 pounds wild caught shrimp, raw, peeled & deveined
- 2 large leeks, washed, trimmed and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 2 small, thinner yellow squash, washed, trimmed and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1 Tablespoon of Stacey Hawkins Rockin' Ranch (or tarragon, chives, garlic, lemon, salt, pepper, garlic and onion)
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Stacey Hawkins Luscious Lemon or Roasted Garlic Oil
- 8 T fresh grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Natural Sea salt & fresh cracked peppercorns (or a pinch of Dash of Desperation) to taste
- Preheat outdoor grill or oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the shrimp and veggies to a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and seasonings. Toss to coat. Let sit for 10 minutes, up to all day (refrigerated) to let the flavors develop.
- Skewer shrimp and veggies individually, or pour into a grill basket.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, using a spatula to turn the pieces at least once during cooking. Cook until shrimp is opaque and fully cooked and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with fresh grated Parmesan cheese for a garnish
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size: Because of the mixed nature of this dish, to portion go by weight. 14.5 ounces of shrimp, mixed veggies & 1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese.
0 - Lean
0 - Leaner
1 - Leanest
3 - Green
2 - Condiments
2 - Healthy Fat
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 13.3 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 455 milligrams
- 784 milligrams
- 12.3 grams
- 2.4 grams
- 4.4 grams
- 47.9 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!