Fire up the BBQ! There is no better lean and green meal than lean, juicy and delicious roast garlic grilled marinated flank steak. At just a few minutes of cooking per side, we suggest you make two- one for now and one for later!
1/2 C – olive or canola oil
1/3 C – apple cider vinegar
1 T – Stacey Hawkins Garlic Gusto Seasoning
1 tsp – Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning
1 T – Dijon mustard
1 ¼ lbs – flank steak
1. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large zipper style bag.
2. Zip bag closed and massage to mix the marinade.
3, Add the steak and zip the bag closed, pressing all the air out that you can.
4. Place in the fridge for 1 hour, up to all day to season.
5. When ready to cook, preheat outdoor grill to 350 and cook steak for 3-4 minutes per side until desired temperature is reached.
6. Slice on a diagonal, against the grain of the meat for best results.
Serve hot or chilled over salads, sandwiches, etc
Optavia Recipe / Lean and Green Recipe / 5 & 1 Food Counts for the Optavia & Medifast Program
5 ounces of grilled steak is one lean portion and 1 condiment. The fat in the marinade is not absorbed by the meat and what is on the outside cooks off the steak and therefore does not need to be counted as a healthy fat.
Don’t suffer any longer with boring meals that take too long to make, have WAY too many ingredients and that turn out bleh.
Why not eat delicious foods that are easy to make and just might help you lose weight in the process? I know, it is a stupid question, lol. That’s why I’m here- to help you make good food, fast and easy. Without Stacey Hawkins, food is boring. Want more? Check out all the Meal Making Systems here and then get cooking. All the reviews can’t be wrong. Your tastebuds (and your jeans) are waiting!