Mediterranean Style Grilled Lamb Burgers
Ground lamb is a really great option for Lean and Green Meals. In fact, all lamb is a great options! Lean, delicious and easy to cook, lamb is a great protein source and a good break from the every day.
Here, I prepare Hudson Valley grass fed, ground lamb in a traditional Mediterranean style using the flavors of basil, marjoram, garlic and oregano. Combining these intense flavors with the sweet, delicate ground meat makes for an AMAZING burger that not only cooks fast and easy, but is super delicious.
To make a complete meal, I paired this with my Lemon & Dill Cucumber Salad and some steamed green beans.
If you prefer, you can substitute other ground meats instead of the lamb for sure. In this recipe, ground chicken, ground beef, bison or even ostrich would be a delicious alternative for your Lean and Green Meal.
Super easy, quick and delicious this low carb meal is great as a Lean and Green Recipe, an HCG recipe, Weight Watchers or keto recipe.
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium high heat.*
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and, using your hands, incorporate the seasonings into the meat.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and press into patties, about 1/3" thick each.
- Place on grill (medium high heat) and cook 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on preferred burger temperature and thickness of the burgers. For best results, verify the temperature with a meat thermometer. Burgers should reach a minimum temperature of 160 F.
- Serve with your favorite condiments or my Lemon Dill Cucumber Salad
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 1/4 of this recipe. Serves 4 people. Nutrition facts below using grass fed lamb.
1 - Lean
0 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
0 - Green
1 - Condiments
0 - Healthy Fat
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story