Eggroll in a Bowl
Oh my gosh! Since this recipe hit the Lean and Green Recipe sites, it's blown up like wildfire!
BE CAREFUL though! We've seen lots of versions of this Optavia Eggroll in a Bowl Low Carb Recipe, and have to tell you, the ingredients and the calorie counts are all over the place.
Please pay attention to recipes you follow and ALWAYS double check recipes and counts before making. (You NEVER have to worry about Stacey's recipes if you're on program though! We always double check for compliance with Optavia 5&1 Counts before publishing).
One thing we did notice in many of the comments on other recipes was that this one was easy and looked great, but lacked flavor. NO MORE! Stacey's gone ahead and worked her Wow! magic on this recipe and recreated it in such a way that it is super easy, but more importantly, takes the parameters of a low carb diet recipe (especially those of you looking for Optavia 5&1 Diet Recipes) and made sure it complies.
Give this one a try, WE PROMISE you won't be disappointed!
- 2 pounds 97% lean ground chicken or turkey breast
- 1 T Stacey Hawkins Wok On Seasoning
- 1/3 C low sodium soy sauce
4 tsp Stacey Hawkins Valencia Orange Oil
- 4 C shredded cabbage (or cole slaw mix)
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh scallion greens for garnish (if desired)
- Mix the soy sauce and Wok On Seasoning in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add Valencia Orange OIl to a large frying pan and heat over medium high heat. [/step}
- Add the meat to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cabbage and the sou sauce mixture to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the cabbage is wilted, but still crisp.
- Remove from the heat, then drizzle sesame oil over the mixture and garnish with scallion greens.
- Divide into 4 equal portions in bowls and serve hot.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 1/4 of this dish and is 1 Leanest Lean, 2 Healthy Fats, 2 Green and 3 Condiment servings.
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story