Creamy Spinach and Garlic Stuffed Chicken
This recipe has become a staple in my home. The kids love it. I love it, company loves it! There's just no way you can go wrong with Creamy Spinach and Garlic Stuffed Chicken!
Once again, we take the humble little chicken breast and take it from meh to "WOW that's delicious!" in just a matter of minutes.
The recipe I have below is not difficult at all. While it is a little bit more time consuming on the prep end, the actual cooking part is done in the oven so it really doesn't take that long in the big picture.
You start out with some simple, fresh ingredients.
Then you prep the chicken "pocket", make the stuffing, sprinkle it with Stacey Hawkins magic and bake away! The results are as mouthwatering as your results.
It's hard to believe a recipe this delicious is on program, but I promise it is!
As a side note, the preparation on this does take a little longer than our usual recipes, however, the active baking time gives you ample opportunity to catch up on other things :). In addition- you CAN make a double batch of these, put the rolls in the freezer and bake at a later date too!
One important thing to pay attention to: If you're on Optavia 5&1, this recipe "seems" to have a lot of greens in it, however, it only has 1/2 of 1 Green, so you must supplement with other veggies. 8 oz of raw spinach cooks down to only 1 Cup and this recipe serves 4 people. So... you only get 1/2 a green in this recipe.
Give these impressively easy Creamy Spinach and Garlic Stuffed Chicken Breasts a try and & show off your photos on Instagram. We can't wait to see what you come up with!
PS- Because of the "mixed" nature of this recipe (there's no way to separate everything out to weigh and measure for accurate counts.) I've calculated the ingredients, and the final portion size all based on weight. Follow instructions carefully and you won't have to worry. ~ S
Creamy Spinach and Garlic Stuffed Chicken
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
Servings: 4 Serving
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 T (1/2 of an 8 oz block) light cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Garlic and Spring Onion Seasoning or Garlic Gusto Seasoning (or Garlic, chives, lemon, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder)
- 8 ounces raw baby spinach (1 bag)
- 1 pinch Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken breast on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the chicken breast. Repeat on all pieces of chicken.
- Place the cream cheese into a large microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 10 seconds until soft and spreadable. Repeat in 5 second intervals if necessary. Sprinkle the garlic seasoning over the cream cheese. Stir to combine & smooth out all the lumps.
- Pour the spinach into the bowl. Using a pair of kitchen shears, chop up the spinach into smaller pieces.
- Using a rubber spatula, combine the spinach and the cream cheese together into a consistent mixture. Do this gently as to not crush and bruise the spinach.
- Divide the mixture into as many equal portions as you have pieces of chicken. Stuff mixture into the pocket of the chicken breast. Repeat on all pieces of chicken.
- Place chicken in an oven safe dish side by side. Use a dish that is large enough to leave space around each piece so they are not touching. (This allows for faster, more even cooking.)
- Using a rubber spatula, get the remaining cream cheese out of the bowl and place a little smear on top of each of the chicken rolls to protect them while baking. Sprinkle each with a pinch of Dash of Desperation seasoning. You can also spray with a little nonstick cooking spray if there doesn't seem to be "enough" cream cheese left.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and place in the center of your preheated oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees as verified with a meat thermometer.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes and then slice and serve.
Serving Size is 8.7 ounces of cooked Creamy Spinach and Garlic Stuffed Chicken and is 1 Lean, .5 Green, 3 Condiments, 0 Healthy Fat
Like This Recipe?
Why not make more easy meals ALL the time? You don’t have to suffer any longer w ith dinners that take too long, have WAY too many ingredients and that turn out BORING.
Why not eat delicious foods that are easy to make and just might help you lose weight in the pro- cess? I know, it is a stupid question, lol. Thatʼs why Iʼm here- to help you make good food, fast and easy. Without Stacey Hawkins, food is boring. Want more? Check out all the Meal Making Systems here and then get cooking. All the reviews canʼt be wrong. Your tastebuds (and your jeans) are waiting!
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guaran- tee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.