Charred Sirloin with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
When you start with good food, you don't need to have a lot of them, or do a lot to them to make them their best. Like this low carb recipe for Charred Sirloin- with only 4 ingredients and a little Stacey Hawkins magic, it goes from simple to amazing in just minutes!
We season the steak very simply and finish it off with a Creamy Horseradish Sauce over a bed of Roasted Garlic Zucchini Noodles. The whole dinner takes less than 25 minutes and is ridiculously delicious.
Whether you cook your steak outdoors on a grill, inside on a grill pan or even in the broiler, the flavor combinations will create a satisfying meal that you and your entire family will love.
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steaks, trimmed & visible fat removed
1/2 capful (1/2 T) SH Dash of Desperation Seasoning
- 6 Tablespoons lowfat sour cream
- 1-3 T horseradish (from the jar)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Season the steak on both sides with Dash of Desperation Seasoning
- Place on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, depending on how thick the steak is and the way you like your meat cooked. You'll leave it on less for rare and more for medium-well. The BEST way to cook the steak is by using a meat thermometer.
- While meat is cooking, make the sauce by combining together the sour cream and horseradish. Add water, one Tablespoon at a time to thin the mixture to make a sauce. Set aside when done.
- When the meat is finished cooking, let it rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes, then slice thin.
Serve drizzled with 1-2 T of sauce.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 5 ounces of sliced steak and 1-2 T Sauce (Sauce is 1 Condiment per Tablespoon).
1 - Lean
0 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
0 - Green
1 - Condiments
.75 - Healthy Fat
This recipe serves approximately 4. Nutrition information is calculated with 5 oz steak and 1 T sauce. Zucchini zoodle counts not included.
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!