Basil Chicken Sausage & Zucchini Spaghetti
Every now and then something new comes along that inspires and delights me so much I'm motivated to make a new recipe.
This week while shopping at the local farmer's market, I met up with a new variety of zucchini appropriately named the "8 Ball". These little guys were so stupid cute that I had to buy a bunch of them- and I KNEW they would be just perfect for spiraling.
Because of their shape and size, these little zukes have little to no seeds and make for a GREAT noodle. When combined with spicy tomato basil chicken sausage and tomato sauce, this makes for a hearty one-dish Lean and Green meal that takes just minutes to prepare.
Super easy, quick and delicious this low carb meal is great as a Lean and Green Recipe, an HCG recipe or keto recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds (24 oz) lean chicken sausage (you can also use turkey sausage or beef sausage- just pay attention to portion sizes for different meats)
- 4 C spiraled zucchini
1 Tablespoons Stacey Hawkins Tuscan Fantasy Seasoning (or bell pepper, black pepper, garlic, onion, parsley, salt)
- 2 C tomato sauce- no sugar added
- 8 T fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- Place a large frying pan (at least 1 1/2" deep) over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken to the frying pan and cook for 7-8 minutes until sausage is slightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the tomato sauce & Tuscan Fantasy into the pan and stir to coat the chicken. Turn up the heat to high and bring the sauce to a boil. (about 3 more minutes)
- Add the zucchini noodles to the pan and using a pair of tongs, toss the noodles in the sauce and cook for just 1-2 minutes until noodles are soft and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Place 4 equal portions on plates and sprinkle each plate with 2 T Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 1/4 of this recipe.
0 - Lean
1 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
3 - Green
1 - Condiments
0 - Healthy Fat
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 8.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2.6 grams
- 55 milligrams
- 612 milligrams
- 8.5 grams
- 2.2 grams
- 2.2 grams
- 19.3 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!