Balsamic Glazed Chicken Thighs with Broccoli
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Quick and easy weeknight meals are a MUST in our house. Often I'll come home from the office tired and hungry and want something FAST. Sound familiar? Rather than just grab something, I've got a few Lean and Green Low Carb Recipes at the ready all the time. This one is one of my favorites!
Full of flavor AND color, Balsamic Chicken Thighs are quick, easy and don't require a lot of steps to get on the table. You can even use frozen broccoli if you don't have fresh, or even swap out broccoli for one of your other favorite veggies.
You only need a few basic ingredients to throw this together and the results are stupendous!
Try this over cauliflower rice, zoodles or other low-carb pasta alternatives. You can even whip up a batch of regular rice or bowties for the rest of your family too! No need to cook separate meals, now or ever.
Give this quick recipe a try and let us know how it turns out in the comments below.
Cheers and happy cooking!
- 4 (~6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 teaspoons (one capful) Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning
(or salt and pepper, garlic, onion and parsley)
- 1/4 C low sodium chicken broth
- 4 C broccoli florets, lightly steamed (crisp-tender)
4 Tablespoons Stacey Hawkins Balsamic Mosto Cotto (or balsamic reduction)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Season chicken thighs with Dash of Desperation
- Spray a nonstick frying pan (large enough to hold all the chicken and broccoli) with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over high heat. When shimmering, add the chicken.
- Cook the chicken, without moving it, for 5-7 minutes over medium heat until a brown crisp appears. Turn the chicken over and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes until fully cooked.
- While chicken is cooking, steam (or microwave) the broccoli. Drain well before using it in the next step.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the Balsamic Mosto Cotto and broth to the pan. Gently scrape the bottom to release the yummy bits to add to your sauce. Let the sauce reduce by half and then add the chicken and broccoli back to the pan and coat with the sauce. Serve hot.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 5 ounces of chicken and 1 Cup of broccoli.
1 - Lean
0 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
2 - Green
3 - Condiments
0 - Healthy Fat
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 10.8 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2.9 grams
- 126 milligrams
- 156 milligrams
- 8.8 grams
- 2.4 grams
- 3.9 grams
- 43.6 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!