Zucchini Pappardelle with Sausage & Garlic a Lean and Green Recipe
Garden fresh zucchini turns into yummy pappardelle noodles with spicy Italian style sausage this easy Lean and Green recipe. Zucchini Pappardelle sounds fancy, but the truth of the matter is, it is super quick, easy, delicious and FULL of awesome flavor. This is a quick cook (in fact, you don’t even cook the noodles) but the prep does take 10 minutes or so. If you have helpers, get them in the kitchen and have them help you chop. The results? A low-carb, family friendly recipe that makes for a killer dinner.
1 1/2 lbs lean turkey or chicken sausage, Italian seasoned (your choice of sweet or hot)
2 C chopped tomatoes (I used cherry, you can use any variety, or canned- but drain if using canned)
1 Tablespoon (1 capful) Stacey Hawkins Garlic and Spring Onion Seasoning
4 Cups noodles made from fresh zucchini (about 3 zucchini, 8″ long)
4 teaspoons Stacey Hawkins Roasted Garlic Oil
1 teaspoon Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning
- Remove sausage from casing and place in a frying pan over medium high heat. (See video for instruction)
- Saute for 7-10 minutes, breaking up the sausage using a spatula as to make a crumbly consistency. (This becomes easier as it cooks.)
- While sausage is cooking, make noodles (see video for instruction) and place them in a large serving bowl.
- Add tomatoes and Garlic & Spring Onion Seasoning to the sausage, stir in and cook for an additional 7 minutes, until chicken is opaque and tomatoes have softened to make a slight sauce.
- Drizzle Roasted Garlic Oil and Dash of Desperation Seasoning over the noodles. Toss with tongs to coat.
- Pour sausage mixture over noodles and then, using tongs, “pull” the noodles up from the bottom of the bowl and toss to incorporate sausage and tomatoes through the noodles.
- Sprinkle with a little fresh grated Parmesan (if desired) and let sit for just 3-5 minutes so the zucchini noodles soften. Serve hot.
Optavia Recipe / Lean and Green Recipe / 5 & 1 Food Counts for the Optavia & Medifast Program
1/4 of this recipe is 3 green options (zucchini and tomatoes), 1 lean option (chicken/turkey sausage), 1 healthy fat (oil) and 2 condiment s(seasonings).
Like This Info?
Why not learn to make easy meals ALL the time? You don’t have to suffer any longer with dinners that take too long, have WAY too many ingredients and that turn out BORING.
Why not eat delicious foods that are easy to make and just might help you lose weight in the process? I know, it is a stupid question, lol. Thatʼs why Iʼm here- to help you make good food, fast and easy. Without Stacey Hawkins, food is boring. Want more? Check out all the Meal Making Systems here and then get cooking. All the reviews canʼt be wrong. Your tastebuds (and your jeans) are waiting!