Thai Chicken & Zoodles in Peanut Sauce
This Optavia Lean and Green Recipe for Thai Chicken & Zoodles in Peanut Sauce has me over the moon!!! With just 5 ingredients, the flavors are going to FLOOR you. But what will impress you (and whomever you cook it for) even MORE is how quick and easy it is to make.
If you love quick and easy meals (especially if you forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer & it's still frozen) you're going to simply ADORE this recipe. As I sit here with a full belly after DEVOURING the results of my labor, I wonder why I never came up with this combination before!
The sweet, salty and tangy of the Thai combined with the nutty smoothness of the peanut butter make for an incredible sauce. The zoodles cook up in just a minute in the sauce and then bringing them together with the chicken is just WOW! 😊 Whether you're cooking it just for yourself or the family, I promise this is one that people are going to adore.
You can keep it a secret as to just how EASY it is and take all the kudos of a meal well done. Tell them the best way they can thank you is by doing the dishes!
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, sliced very thin (see Chef's Notes)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 C chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons (1 1/3 oz) creamy peanut butter (natural, ground nuts only, nothing else)
- 6 C zucchini noodles
- Spray a nonstick pan with nonstick spray and heat over high heat.
- Add the chicken in a single layer and sprinkle with Tasty Thai Seasoning. Cook for 4 minutes until browned on one side.
- Using tongs, flip the chicken pieces over and cook for one minute more until done. Pour chicken into a bowl and set aside, keeping it warm.
- Place the pan back over the heat and add the broth. Using a spatula, scrape all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
Add the peanut butter and stir until melted. Bring mixture to a boil and let it cook until it's thick and the sauce is reduced by half.
- Add the zoodles to the pan and using tongs, pull the sauce up through the zucchini so that it cooks. Do this for about 1-2 minutes until zucchini is crisp tender. Add the chicken back to the pan and again, using the tongs, mix together until the chicken is hot. Serve immediately
Chef's Notes & More
Serving Size is 1/4 of this dish and the peanut butter (ground peanuts) is counted as the Healthy Fat.
1 - Leaner
3 - Green
2 - Condiments
1 - Healthy Fat
To slice the chicken super thin, it's best if it is partially frozen.
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story