Tex-Mex Seared Salmon
Over the years I have had many people tell me that they LOVE salmon but only order it when they eat out because it’s too scary to make. Not any more!
Here I’ve created the perfect lean and green FOOLPROOF salmon recipe that is SO ridiculously simple, you’ll want to make it time and again.
You start simply by sprinkling on the seasoning and then throw it in a hot pan. It's really simple, the key to success is patience. (If you want a quick little how-to video for this one, watch it here)
To make a complete meal (low carb, and Optavia recipe friendly!) pair the salmon with our easy Pico de Gallo and a drizzle of Fresh Lime Crema. Serve with your favorite veggie side dish. This pairs well with a simple salad drizzled with Balsamic Mosto Cotto or cauliflower rice. These 3 together make for a lean and green meal you won't soon forget!
- 1 1/2 pounds wild caught salmon filet (will cook best if you have it at room temp)
1Tablespoon (one Capful) Stacey Hawkins Phoenix Sunrise Seasoning
- Preheat nonstick pan over high heat for 1 minute.
- While heating, sprinkle seasoning over the salmon (NOT on the skin side)
- Reduce heat to medium high.
- Place the fish, seasoning side down in the pan and let it cook for 4-6 minutes depending on thickness. You'll know it's ready to flip when a "crust" has formed from the seasoning and the fish releases from the pan easily.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Flip the fish over to skin side down and cook an additional 4-6 minutes. (Less for medium/rare and more for well done.) The best method to check for doneness is to use a meat thermometer. We cook to 130 degrees and then let it rest for 5 minutes for slightly pink and not overcooked.
- Remove from heat and serve. Fish should slide right off the skin and on to the plate.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 5 ounces of salmon.
1 - Lean
0 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
0 - Green
1 - Condiments
0 - Healthy Fat
Counts for the entire meal: 5 ounces of salmon (1 Lean) 2 T Pico de Gallo (2 Condiments) and 1 T Lime Crema (1 Condiment)
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story