Greek Stuffed Mushrooms with Feta
Stuffed anything is just, well, comfort food yummy! And yummy thoughts often find me sitting at my desk daydreaming about food. This week's Lean and Green, Low Carb recipe I fear is no exception. :)
Staring out at the changing leaves, I found myself longing for blue skies, white sand and, well, because I'm all about the food my thoughts immediately wandered back to Santorini, Greece.
Reminiscing about the fresh food and intense flavors, I had to shake myself out of it or we'd have never eaten dinner!
Although the days are changing here at home, you can have the hearty, warm and rich flavors of Greece right at your fingertips with this easy meal. Ground beef (or chicken or even lamb!) is combined with the flavors of garlic, basil, mint and oregano resulting in mouthwatering magic!
Low in calories and high in taste, this is one to make in bunches for sure. And, how's this? You can even stuff the mushrooms and then freeze them and bake them at a later date! Perfect when you need something fast for yourself or your family.
This dish makes a great Optavia Recipe, a Weight Watchers Recipe and also a keto recipe. Happy cooking & enjoy!
Greek Stuffed Mushrooms with Feta
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: ~4 Serving
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (or chicken, turkey or lamb*)
- 1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Mediterranean Seasoning (or basil, oregano, onion, black pepper, rosemary, sage and parsley)
- 1/4 teaspoon Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning (or sea salt and fresh cracked pepper)
- 1/2 C crumbled feta cheese
- 4 portobello mushroom caps (about 4" diameter each)
* Count accordingly if changing the recipe. Nutritional information below includes lean ground beef.
- Combine beef, seasonings and feta in a large bowl. Using your hands, gently combine the mixture. Divide it into 4 equal size balls and leave in the bowl.
- Place the mushroom caps in a baking dish. Season with a pinch of Dash of Desperation.
- Place a portion of the meat mixture into a mushroom cap and gently press, using your palm, so the mixture fills the cap. Repeat the process.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes, until meat is at desired temperature.
- Serve hot with your favorite sides.
Serving Size is 1 stuffed mushroom cap, approximately 5 ounces of beef, 2 T feta cheese and 1/2 C mushroom.
Like This Recipe?
Why not make more easy meals ALL the time? You don’t have to suffer any longer w ith dinners that take too long, have WAY too many ingredients and that turn out BORING.
Why not eat delicious foods that are easy to make and just might help you lose weight in the pro- cess? I know, it is a stupid question, lol. Thatʼs why Iʼm here- to help you make good food, fast and easy. Without Stacey Hawkins, food is boring. Want more? Check out all the Meal Making Systems here and then get cooking. All the reviews canʼt be wrong. Your tastebuds (and your jeans) are waiting!
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guaran- tee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.