Greek Stuffed Mushrooms with Feta
Stuffed anything is just, well, comfort food yummy! And yummy thoughts often find me sitting at my desk daydreaming about food. This week's Lean and Green, Low Carb recipe I fear is no exception. Staring out at the changing leaves, I found myself longing for blue skies, white sand and, well, because I'm all about the food my thoughts immediately wandered back to Santorini, Greece.
Reminiscing about the fresh food and intense flavors, I had to shake myself out of it or we'd have never eaten dinner!
Although the days are changing here at home, you can have the hearty, warm and rich flavors of Greece right at your fingertips with this easy meal. Ground beef (or chicken or even lamb!) is combined with the flavors of garlic, basil, mint and oregano resulting in mouthwatering magic!
Low in calories and high in taste, this is one to make in bunches for sure. And, how's this? You can even stuff the mushrooms and then freeze them and bake them at a later date! Perfect when you need something fast for yourself or your family.
This dish makes a great Optavia Recipe, a Weight Watchers Recipe and also a keto recipe.
Happy cooking & enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (or chicken, turkey or lamb*)
1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Mediterranean Seasoning (or basil, oregano, onion, black pepper, rosemary, sage and parsley)
- 1/2 C crumbled feta cheese
1/4 teaspoon Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning (or sea salt and fresh cracked pepper)
- 4 portobello mushroom caps (about 4" diameter each)
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine beef, seasonings and feta in a large bowl. Using your hands, gently combine the mixture. Divide it into 4 equal size balls and leave in the bowl.
- Place the mushroom caps in a baking dish. Season with a pinch of Dash of Desperation.
- Place a portion of the meat mixture into a mushroom cap and gently press, using your palm, so the mixture fills the cap. Repeat the process.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and cook for about 25-30 minutes or until meat is at desired temperature.
Serve hot with your favorite sides.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 1 stuffed mushroom cap, approximately 5 ounces of beef, 2 T feta cheese and 1/2 C mushroom.
1 - Lean
0 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
1 - Green
2 - Condiments
0 - Healthy Fat
* Count accordingly if changing the recipe. Nutritional information below includes lean ground beef.
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 11.9 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5.4 grams
- 139 milligrams
- 253 milligrams
- 1.7 grams
- .4 grams
- 1.2 grams
- 46.1 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!