Toasted Sesame Ginger Chicken
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Simple chicken breast comes to life with the zesty flavors of orange, ginger, and sesame in this easy lean and green recipe for Toasted Sesame Ginger Chicken. Prepared in as little as 25 minutes, you'll make this a go-to over and over again.
My suggestion? This is a classic recipe that creates chicken that can be used in SO many different ways throughout the week. Cook extra as it's fantastic chilled & sliced on salad, on cauliflower crust pizza, and more!
Did you know that sesame seeds actually grow in pods on bushes in Africa and other tropical climates? They also contain a substantial amount of iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, copper, AND manganese. They're not only delicious, but they're good for you too!
Give this quick and easy recipe a try this week. It's refreshingly different, mouthwateringly delicious AND will keep you on program and feeling great. Be sure to post your results below- we love to hear from you!
Cheers & Happy Cooking-
4 teaspoons Stacey Hawkins Valencia Orange Oil or oil of your choice and orange zest
1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Toasted Sesame Ginger Seasoning (or toasted sesame seeds, garlic, onion powder, red pepper, ground ginger, salt, pepper and lemon)
- Place chicken breasts on a clean, dry cutting board.
- Using a meat mallet or back side of a frying pan, gently flatten the chicken breasts to appprox. 3/8" thickness.
- Sprinkle with seasoning.
- Heat Valencia Orange Oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over medium - high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 7-8 minutes on one side, until a lovely crust has formed- it will be slightly brown.
- Gently flip chicken and cook on the other side for an additional 5-6 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve warm with your favorite side dish, or chilled over salad. Makes about 4 servings.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 6 ounces of chicken.
0 - Lean
1 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
0 - Green
1 - Condiments
1 - Healthy Fat
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 9.9 grams
- Saturated Fat
- .8 grams
- 109 milligrams
- 87 milligrams
- .5 grams
- .3 grams
- 0 grams
- 36.5 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!