Sweet, succulent bites of seafood are a perfect companion for this tangy recipe! Also a great Optavia Recipe for those of you on program (or just as good for those of you who are not) it’s a Lean and Green recipe that is mouthwateringly easy and delicious. You can use crawfish, langoustines, shrimp or even scallops for this dish. I promise, whatever you use, you’ll come back to this one again and again. Ten minutes never tasted so good!
2 T butter (or 4 tsp Stacey Hawkins Roasted Garlic Oil if saturated fat is a concern)
2 C chopped scallions, whites and greens
2 C green bell pepper, chopped into small pieces (but not so small they’re minced- see the photos)
1 3/4 lb pre-cooked langostinos or crawfish or shrimp or bay scallops* (or even a mixture!)
8 T hot sauce, any style as long as it is sugar free
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan, over medium high heat.
- Add the scallions and sauté (cook while stirring occasionally) for one to two minutes until the whites are slightly transparent.
- Add the green pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes until soft and bright green.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the pepper and saute for one minute more.
- Add the seafood and hot sauce. Stir gently to combine.
- Heat for just 2-3 minutes until they are hot and serve immediately. *Please note if you are using bay scallops, these do NOT come precooked and will need to cook for 5-7 minutes total so they are thoroughly cooked. You will know when they are done when they have turned 100% opaque and white. If you are using a combination of seafood, add the scallops first and cook for 3-4 minutes before adding the pre-cooked seafood. Pre-cooked seafood need only be heated. Overcooking results in a spongy, rubbery and not-so-great texture.
- Serve hot and enjoy! Fabulous over cauliflower rice.
Optavia Recipe / Lean and Green Recipe / 5 & 1 Food Counts for the Optavia & Medifast Program
1/4 of this recipe is 1 lean (seafood) 1 healthy fat (butter/oil) 2 condiment (SH Seasoning & Hot Sauce) and 2 greens (scallions and peppers)
Like this recipe?
Why not make more easy meals ALL the time?
You don’t have to suffer any longer with dinners that take too long, have WAY too many ingredients and that turn out BORING.
Why not eat delicious foods that are easy to make and just might help you lose weight in the process? I know, it is a stupid question, lol. That’s why I’m here- to help you make good food, fast and easy. Without Stacey Hawkins, food is boring. Want more? Check out all the Meal Making Systems here and then get cooking. All the reviews can’t be wrong. Your tastebuds (and your jeans) are waiting!
One- Step Lean and Green Meal Making Systems Now Available at a Discount!
Click Image above to find out more.
Follow me on:
The post Seafood & Scallions Creole a Lean and Green Recipe appeared first on Stacey Hawkins.