Tender, garlicky broccoli rabe is a favorite side dish for many of us when we go out to eat. Unfortunately, it’s often drowned in butter or oil and laden with salt and extra calories we just don’t need. So, how can you make it at home, and equally as delicious? Follow along and you’ll be amazed at just how easy it is, and how delicious. You’ll be making double batches to have leftovers for lunch!
1 bunch fresh broccoli rabe
1/2 C chicken stock or broth
1 Tablespoon (1 capful) Stacey Hawkins Garlic and Spring Onion Seasoning
- Add the broccoli rabe to a shallow frying pan and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Add the liquid and set heat to high.
- Let the liquid boil then reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5-8 minutes, until the stems are fork tender.
- Remove broccoli rabe from the pan using tongs, and let it “hang” over the pan for a minute to allow excess liquid to run off.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired and serve hot.
Optavia Recipe / Lean and Green Recipe / 5 & 1 Food Counts for the Optavia & Medifast Program
1/2 cup broccoli rabe is 1 green option and 1/3 condiment