Orange Scented Beef and Broccoli
If you're fed up with complicated meals that take too long, have too many ingredients and just don't WOW you with flavor- I hear you. If it's not easy, fast and delicious, it's not for me, my life or my kitchen!
If that rings true in your kitchen too, you're going to love LOVE this quick and easy recipe. Don't let the simple (or lack of!) ingredients fool you- this little dish is a powerhouse and will put smiles on everyone's face.
This is really one of my signature "LBD (Little Black Dress) Recipes" in that you can mix and match the protein and the veggies to make multiples of meals in minutes. Lean, Green, Light and Luscious, give this one a try!
Orange Scented Beef and Broccoli
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: ~4 Serving
- 4 tsp Stacey Hawkins Valencia Orange Oil (or your favorite oil and fresh grated orange peel)
- 1 1/2 lbs London broil (lean, all visible fat removed), thinly sliced*
- 4 C broccoli florets**
- 1 T (one capful) Stacey Hawkins Tasty Thai or Wok On Seasoning (or garlic, ginger, onion, lemongrass & chili)
- 1/4 C chicken, beef or vegetable stock
- pinch Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning (or salt and pepper)
- In a large frying pan, heat the Orange Oil over high heat.
- Add beef and cook for 3 minutes until browned on each side.
- Add broccoli, Tasty Thai seasoning and stock. Cover pan and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until broccoli is crisp tender, but not overcooked. Remove lid and simmer an additional minute or two until liquid is reduced by half.
- Serve hot over cauliflower rice, veggie noodles or your favorite low carb alternative.
Serving Size is 5 ounces of beef with 1 cup of broccoli. Serves 4.
* To slice the beef super thinly, wrap it in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for an hour until it's "slightly" frozen. When the beef is firm like this, it makes it super easy to slice!
** To make this dish more colorful and interesting, you may add additional vegetables such as sliced peppers, water chestnuts and carrots (if transitioning or NOT on 5 & 1) Be sure to measure and count these in your final meal.
Are you on Optavia 5&1 and Stressing? Please stop worrying... I've got your back!
No more guesswork, no counting Leans and Greens and no more worrying about what to eat. Ever.
Stacey's helped THOUSANDS learn the secret to making ridiculously delicious meals that comply with program and KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF FOREVER!
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guaran- tee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.