Orange Scented Beef and Broccoli
If you're fed up with complicated meals that take too long, have too many ingredients and just don't WOW you with flavor- I hear you. If it's not easy, fast and delicious, it's not for me, my life or my kitchen!
If that rings true in your kitchen too, you're going to love LOVE this quick and easy recipe. Don't let the simple (or lack of!) ingredients fool you- this little dish is a powerhouse and will put smiles on everyone's face.
This is really one of my signature "LBD (Little Black Dress) Recipes" in that you can mix and match the protein and the veggies to make multiples of meals in minutes. Lean, Green, Light and Luscious, give this one a try!
4 tsp Stacey Hawkins Valencia Orange Oil (or your favorite oil and fresh grated orange peel)
- 1 1/2 lbs London broil (lean, all visible fat removed), thinly sliced*
1 T (one capful) Stacey Hawkins Tasty Thai
or Wok On Seasoning (or garlic, ginger, onion, lemongrass & chili)
- 4 C broccoli florets**
- 1/4 C chicken, beef or vegetable stock
pinch Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning (or salt and pepper)
- In a large frying pan, heat the Orange Oil over high heat.
- Add beef and cook for 3 minutes until browned on each side.
- Add broccoli, Tasty Thai seasoning and stock. Cover pan and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until broccoli is crisp tender, but not overcooked. Remove lid and simmer an additional minute or two until liquid is reduced by half.
- Serve hot over cauliflower rice, veggie noodles or your favorite low carb alternative.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 5 ounces of beef with 1 cup of broccoli.
1 - Lean
0 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
2 - Green
1 - Condiments
1 - Healthy Fat
* To slice the beef super thinly, wrap it in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for an hour until it's "slightly" frozen. When the beef is firm like this, it makes it super easy to slice!
** To make this dish more colorful and interesting, you may add additional vegetables such as sliced peppers, water chestnuts and carrots (if transitioning or NOT on 5 & 1) Be sure to measure and count these in your final meal.
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story