Mojo Marinated Flank Steak
If you love quick and easy meals, you're going to simply ADORE this recipe for Mojo Marinated Flank Steak.
Flank steak makes for an inexpensive and SUPER quick dinner because it cooks in just a matter of minutes.
There are just two super simple rules you need to follow to make a foolproof flank steak (aka skirt steak) EVERY TIME:
Bring out the maximum flavor of the steak by seasoning it well, or better yet, marinate it. Don't overcook the steak. It gets leathery and tough and outright ruined.
There "is" a 3rd little "rule" if you will- and that is while the steak only takes minutes to cook, the flavor is best if you marinade overnight, so you have to remember to do it the night before 😊
This is where your phone, Alexa, Siri or other reminder device comes in handy. It only takes a minute to make the marinade and it makes a world of difference. Hint- I usually make it with dinner the night before while I'm cooking.
I love this steak served with a side of Garlic Roasted Wilted Spinach, Cauliflower Fauxtatoes or even just a simple salad with fresh tomatoes. Whatever side you serve it with, we promise you'll love it too!
- 2 pounds flank steak or skirt steak, trimmed of all excess fat
- 2 T fresh lime juice plus 1 extra lime for garnish
- 1 T Stacey Hawkins Garlic and Spring Onion (or fresh garlic, onion, chives, parsley, salt, pepper)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (optional, but will give more flavor)
- 1/3 C low sodium beef broth
- 1 pinch Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning
- Add all ingredients (except beef & Dash) to a large zipper style bag. Zip closed & using your hands, smoosh all the ingredients together to make a uniform marinade.
- Add the beef. Seal again and place on a plate, in the refrigerator for 1 hour up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat outdoor grill (or indoor cast iron pan or grill pan) to medium high heat. Oil the grates or the pan lightly using nonstick cooking spray prior to heating.
- Remove the steak from the bag and discard the marinade. Season with the Dash of Desperation. Cook the steak for 2 minutes on each side and check the temperature. Keep cooking / flipping until the internal temperature of the steak is 115-120 degrees for Medium Rare, 125-130 for Medium.
- When finished cooking, remove from the pan and set on a plate. Tent the beef with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes. Finish your other sides during this time.
- Slice the steak on a diagonal, garnish with lime wedges and serve hot with your favorite Green sides.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size 5 oz. sliced beef.
1 - Lean
0 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
0 - Green
1 - Condiments
0 - Healthy Fat
2 Weight Watchers Points
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 11.8 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4.9 grams
- 78 milligrams
- 80 milligrams
- .4 grams
- 0 grams
- .1 grams
- 39.5 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!