Mardi Gras Chicken and Shrimp
You won’t believe how much flavor can be packed into such a simple dish!
This low carb, Optavia Lean and Green recipe is also perfect for a quick everyday dish even if you’re not on program.
Serve over regular or cauliflower rice for a meal that will have you dreaming of New Orleans.
- 1 lb – Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Cut into 1
- ½ lb – Precooked medium-size shrimp, peeled, tails removed and rinsed
- 1 – Medium Onion, Diced
- 3 – Scallions, Chopped
- ¾ C – Frank’s Red Hot Seasoning
- Splash – Lemon Juice
Heat Roasted Garlic Oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes, until translucent.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add Garlic Gusto Seasoning. Cook an additional 10-12 minutes until chicken is golden browned and cooked through.
- Add shrimp, scallions and Frank’s, and cook until sauce is bubbling, about 2 minutes.
- Shrimp should be hot, but not overcooked.
Serve over cauliflower rice or brown rice. (Not included in Optavia Counts below).
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
1/4 of this recipe equals:
1 - Lean
0 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
0 - Green
0 - Condiments
1 - Healthy Fat
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!