Low Carb Taco Bowls
It's hard to believe, but it's THAT time of year again- Game Time! With the big weekend upon us as well as the temptation of all kinds of party food, I'm throwing a quick and easy recipe your way that will save the day.
Whether you're actually watching the game or just wanting some warm, delicous comfort food on a February night, Low Carb Taco Bowls are quick and easy to make. You can make them just for yourself or even for a crowd!
If you're having guests, put a taco bar together with all the fixings- both approved on your program and those for others who don't need to be as carb-conscious. It's a super easy and fun way to serve this meal- especially because it can be done ahead of time.
This Taco Bowl with Cauli Rice has a thick, rich sauce that has just the right amount of flavor and is a perfect Lean and Green, Optavia Recipe to boot!
No matter how you serve it, you'll consider it a touchdown. Happy Cooking!
Low Carb Taco Bowls
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes
- Total Time: 20-30 Minutes
Servings: 4 Serving
- 1 large head cauliflower, steamed until soft or frozen ready-to-cook cauliflower rice
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1-2 capfuls Stacey Hawkins Phoenix Sunrise or Southwestern Seasoning (or a combination of both!) or low salt taco seasoning
- 2 C canned, diced tomatoes (no sugar added, no flavor added)
- Your favorite approved condiments*.
- Place a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add ground beef to a large (preferably nonstick) pan and saute for 8-12 minutes until slightly browned. Break up the larger chunks into smaller pieces using a spatula or a chopping tool.
- Add tomatoes and seasoning. Stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and allow the mixture to cook for 5 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by 1/2 and nice & thick.
- While the meat is cooking, use a food processor or chopping tool to chop steamed cauliflower up into rice-sized bits. If using ready-to-cook cauli rice, prepare it according to package instructions.
- Place 1/2 C cauliflower rice into a bowl and top with 1/4 of the meat mixture. Top with your favorite condiments* and serve hot.
Serving Size is 1/4 of the beef mixture and 1/2 C of cauliflower rice. This recipe as prepared serves 4 people. Nutrition information is for beef/tomato mixture and rice only. Please adjust for condiments.
*(For a comprehensive list of approved condiments and quantities, click here Scroll to the bottom of the page for Optavia Lists)
Are you on Optavia 5&1 and Stressing? Please stop worrying... I've got your back!
No more guesswork, no counting Leans and Greens and no more worrying about what to eat. Ever.
Stacey's helped THOUSANDS learn the secret to making ridiculously delicious meals that comply with program and KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF FOREVER!
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guaran- tee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.