Low Carb Taco Bowls
It's hard to believe, but it's THAT time of year again- Game Time! With the big weekend upon us as well as the temptation of all kinds of party food, I'm throwing a quick and easy recipe your way that will save the day.
Whether you're actually watching the game or just wanting some warm, delicous comfort food on a February night, Low Carb Taco Bowls are quick and easy to make. You can make them just for yourself or even for a crowd!
If you're having guests, put a taco bar together with all the fixings- both approved on your program and those for others who don't need to be as carb-conscious. It's a super easy and fun way to serve this meal- especially because it can be done ahead of time.
This Taco Bowl with Cauli Rice has a thick, rich sauce that has just the right amount of flavor and is a perfect Lean and Green, Optavia Recipe to boot!
No matter how you serve it, you'll consider it a touchdown.
- 1 large head cauliflower, steamed until soft or frozen ready-to-cook cauliflower rice
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- Your favorite approved condiments*.
Place a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add ground beef to a large (preferably nonstick) pan and sauté for 8-12 minutes until slightly browned. Break up the larger chunks into smaller pieces using a spatula or a chopping tool.
- Add tomatoes and seasoning. Stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and allow the mixture to cook for 5 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by 1/2 and nice & thick.
- While the meat is cooking, use a food processor or chopping tool to chop steamed cauliflower up into rice-sized bits. If using ready-to-cook cauli rice, prepare it according to package instructions.
- Place 1/2 C cauliflower rice into a bowl and top with 1/4 of the meat mixture. Top with your favorite condiments* and serve hot.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 1/4 of the beef mixture and 1/2 C of cauliflower rice. This recipe as prepared serves 4 people. Nutrition information is for beef/tomato mixture and rice only. Please adjust for condiments.
0 - Lean
1 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
2 - Green
1-3 - Condiments
0 - Healthy Fat
*(For a comprehensive list of approved condiments and quantities, click here Scroll to the bottom of the page for Optavia Lists)
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 9.9 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4.4 grams
- 113 milligrams
- 128 milligrams
- 6.2 grams
- 2.3 grams
- 3.6 grams
- 39 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!