Hearty Veggie Frittata- a Lean and Green Recipe
Eggs aren’t just for breakfast anymore!
This Lean and Green recipe makes a delicious baked frittata chuck full of fresh vegetables. The color, the flavor and the ease of this dish is perfect for breakfast, lunch OR dinner.
This makes enough for two generous servings and is great for meal prepping as well. Make it once, eat twice.
You can substitute the veggies and swap them around along with my different flavored oils and seasonings to change it up even more.
See suggestions (as well as Optavia Recipe counts for those of you on the program) below.
6 large eggs
¼ C unsweetened almond milk
1 C fresh spinach, chopped
1 C green zucchini, sliced into thin coins
1 C portobello mushrooms, sliced
1/2 C cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together eggs and almond milk with a pinch of salt. (For a fluffier frittata, do this in a blender). Set aside.
- Heat an 8 inch oven safe skillet on the stove (no plastic on the handle!) Heat over medium high heat and add the Roasted Garlic Oil, coating the pan evenly.
- Add spinach, zucchini, mushrooms, Garlic & Spring Onion, and a pinch of salt & pepper (or Dash of Desperation for even more flavor.) Cook for just a minute or so – until the greens wilt and the zucchini starts to soften.
- Pour in the eggs.
- Add the tomatoes. Turn the stove off and next carefully slide your pan into the oven.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until eggs are just set.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 15 minutes (or more), then slice and serve. Add more salt & pepper (or Dash of Desperation) if needed.
Recipe from the Lean & Green Low Carb Recipes for Everyone Cookbook by Stacey Hawkins
Chef’s Notes: You can easily make this many ways simply by changing the oil flavor, seasoning and vegetables. Use leftover cooked veggies from the fridge too!
Here’s a few of my favorites:
- SH Luscious Lemon Oil, Citrus Dill Seasoning and spinach/zucchini only
- SH Roasted Garlic Oil, Tuscan Fantasy Seasoning and red pepper/zucchini
- SH Orange Oil, Wok On Seasoning and yellow pepper / spinach
Optavia Lean & Green Recipe servings / Medifast recipe servings / Take Shape for Life recipe servings / Lean and Green Recipe servings:
1/2 of this recipe is 1 Lean, 3 green, 1/2 a healthy fat and 1 condiment
Like This Info?
Why not learn to make easy meals ALL the time? You don’t have to suffer any longer with dinners that take too long, have WAY too many ingredients and that turn out BORING.
Why not eat delicious foods that are easy to make and just might help you lose weight in the process? I know, it is a stupid question, lol. Thatʼs why Iʼm here- to help you make good food, fast and easy. Without Stacey Hawkins, food is boring. Want more? Check out all the Meal Making Systems here and then get cooking. All the reviews canʼt be wrong. Your tastebuds (and your jeans) are waiting!