Garlicky Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
In my quest to bring you the best, this week we WOW! another great recipe! Since this recipe hit the Lean and Green Recipe sites, it's blown up like wildfire.
Once again, BE CAREFUL though. We've seen lots of versions of this Optavia Garlicky Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers Low Carb Recipe, and have to tell you, the ingredients (especially the condiments) and the calorie counts are all over the place.
Please pay attention to recipes you follow and ALWAYS double check recipes and counts before making. (You NEVER have to worry about Stacey's recipes if you're on program though! We always double check for compliance with Optavia 5&1 Counts before publishing)
One thing we did notice in many of the comments on other cheesesteak recipes on the web was that something was "missing" and the recipes lacked flavor. NO MORE! Stacey's gone ahead and worked her Wow! magic on this recipe and recreated it in such a way that it is super easy, but more importantly, takes the parameters of a low carb diet recipe (especially those of you looking for Optavia 5&1 Diet Recipes) and made sure it complies.
Ready? Here we go! Give this one a try, WE PROMISE you won't be disappointed!
- 2 large bell peppers, halved lengthwise, stems & seeds removed*
- nonstick cooking spray
- 20 ounces lean steak (like top round) sliced very thin**
- 1 8 oz package of mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- 2 ounces reduced fat shredded mozzarella or 2 ounces reduced fat provolone cheese
- Preheat broiler to high and place the rack approximately 6" below the broiler.
- Place prepared peppers, cut side down on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Flip pepper halves over, season with a pinch of Dash of Desperation and cook for an additional 1 minute. Peppers should be tender, but still hold their shape. Flip the peppers over on the plate (to allow the steam to finish cooking them) and set aside. **NOTE** When you go to stuff the peppers in the next step, if they are not soft enough for you, you can cook for an additional 45 seconds to 1 min in the microwave.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and heat over high heat.
Add the thinly sliced mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 4 minutes until slightly browned. Place mushrooms in a bowl and set aside to keep warm.
Place the pan back on the stove over high heat. When super hot, add the beef in a single layer, sprinkle with the Garlic and Spring Onion Seasoning and sauté for 1 minute, until steak is brown (or longer if you like your steak more done).
- Add the mushrooms back to the pan and stir to incorporate.
- Divide the beef and mushroom mixture up equally and stuff into the pepper halves.
- Sprinkle each pepper with an equal portion of cheese.
- Place under the broiler for approximately 1 minute until cheese melts and is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Optavia Counts Per Serving
1 - Lean
3 - Greens
3 - Condiments
Serving Size is 1 stuffed pepper half (see notes below) and is 1 Lean, 3 Green and 3 Condiment servings (2 for the cheese, 1 for the seasoning).
* For accurate counting on Optavia, the bell peppers halves should be a net weight of 4 ounces per half of pepper once the stems and seeds are removed. If your peppers are smaller, you may use 1 whole pepper as long as the raw net weight of the peppers is 4 ounces per serving.
** We account for shrinkage in this recipe. Net weight should be 5 ounces of cooked beef per stuffed pepper half.
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!