I love using fresh, seasonal and oh-so-delicious ingredients in my recipes! Juicy, red, ripe garden tomatoes are the PERFECT accompaniment for a quick and easy Garlic Crusted Flank Steak. The best part about this recipe is it totally cooks outside on the grill and is done in less than 1o minutes. Here’s a quick how-to video shot in our brand new outdoor kitchen studio! The Lean and Green Recipe follows as do the counts and nutrition. I know you will enjoy this as much as the kids and I do!
3-4 medium sized red ripe tomatoes, cut in half
2 lbs flank steak
1 T Stacey Hawkins Balsamic Mosto Cotto (do not substitute balsamic vinegar- use a glaze instead)
Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning (to taste)
- Preheat outdoor grill to 350 degrees.
- Place tomatoes on the grill, cut side down. After 10 minutes, flip to cut side up.
- Make a paste with the garlic oil and seasonings by combining the two together in a small bowl.
- Smear the paste on both sides of the steak.
- Place the steak on the grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- While steak is cooking, remove tomatoes from the grill and chop in a bowl. Drizzle with balsamic mosto cotto and a pinch of Dash of Desperation. Toss to coat.
- Remove steak from the grill and slice on an angle, against the grain.
- Serve steak with a small dollop of roasted tomato relish.
Optavia Recipe / Lean and Green Recipe / 5 & 1 Food Counts for the Optavia & Medifast Program
5 ounces of steak and 1/4 cup of tomatoes (equivalent to 1/2 C before cooking) are 1 Lean, 1 Green, 2 condiments and 1 healthy fat.
Like this recipe?
Why not make more easy meals ALL the time?
You don’t have to suffer any longer with dinners that take too long, have WAY too many ingredients and that turn out BORING.
Why not eat delicious foods that are easy to make and just might help you lose weight in the process? I know, it is a stupid question, lol. That’s why I’m here- to help you make good food, fast and easy. Without Stacey Hawkins, food is boring. Want more? Check out all the Meal Making Systems here and then get cooking. All the reviews can’t be wrong. Your tastebuds (and your jeans) are waiting!
The post Garlic Crusted Flank Steak with Roasted Tomato Relish (Lean and Green) appeared first on Stacey Hawkins.