Creamy Coconut Curry Chicken & Cauliflower
The changing leaves means cooler weather and with it, our desire for warm, rich meals that satisfy us body mind and soul. But these cozy comfort foods can often kill us with fat, calories and super amounts of carbs that we don't want or need AND kill our progress.
This week I present you with a stick-to-your ribs Lean and Green comfort food recipe that I promise will become a family favorite for sure. Here, I combine thick, rich coconut milk with chicken and cauliflower to make a hearty, delicious and filling Lean and Green meal that is ridiculously easy and chuck-full of flavor.
My Spices of India blend is the star in this dish and while it's not a "traditional" curry powder, it's warm, nutty, mild and delicious. Do NOT be afraid to try it as I promise you'll be pleasantly surprised. Not hot- just full of flavor. Never fear, however, if you do enjoy your curry dishes a little spicier, simply add a pinch of flaked red pepper or cayenne to taste.
Serve this with a green salad, or amp up the flavor and color simply by adding some fresh green beans while cooking to get an extra green. Great as an Optavia Recipe, a Weight Watchers Recipe and also a keto chicken recipe.
Happy cooking & enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Roasted Garlic Oil (or your favorite oil and fresh garlic)
- 4 C fresh cauliflower florets
1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Spices of India (or your favorite low carb, low salt curry powder)
- 1 1/2 C light coconut milk (canned)
- Natural Sea Salt and Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Slice the chicken breast into think strips and set aside.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, about 1/2-3/4" pieces.
- Add the Roasted Garlic Oil to a large frying pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan when the oil is hot and sprinkle it with the Spices of India. Stir to combine and cook for 3-5 minutes, until opaque.
- Add the cauliflower and coconut milk. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 7-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked and cauliflower is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired and serve hot. A little fresh cilantro can also be added as a garnish (as in photo.)
Chef's Notes & More
Serving Size is 6 ounces of chicken, 1 C of cauliflower and 1/4 of the sauce which is approx. 6 Tablespoons.
0 - Lean
1 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
1 - Green
3 - Condiments
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story