Stacey Hawkins, the Queen of Lean and Green Recipes makes Creamy Chicken with Tomatoes and Spinach. This low-carb recipe is an Optavia Recipe, Optavia 5 and 1 recipe and complies with most low carb diets. Eat great and lose the weight!
Creamy Chicken with Tomatoes and Spinach
I've been on a one-pot dinner kick lately and I'm LOVING every minute of it! This Creamy Chicken with Tomatoes and Spinach recipe, both a Low Carb recipe & an Optavia Lean and Green 5&1 Recipe came out of my desire to get dinner done quickly (and of course, deliciously!)
Not only is this dish easy, and SUPER flavorful, but with just a few ingredients and tricks of the trade, it can be made in a matter of minutes.
The first trick is to use either thin cut chicken breasts, or like I've done in the image above, cut them in half. They cook much faster, more evenly and stay tender if you follow this step. Thick chicken breasts in this preparation will add 20 minutes to your cooking time and the end result tends to be tough meat.
The second trick is to use canned tomatoes, canned artichoke hearts (if using- see Chef's Notes below) and baby spinach. Once again, the work is done and cuts down on your overall cooking and prep time.
The last trick is the lid. By covering the dish, you need very little liquid to cook everything and that creates an intense flavor at the end. Don't let those juices escape!
The end result is a rich, creamy and mouthwatering meal that you and your entire family will love! Put these ingredients on your shopping list this week! I promise you will NOT be disappointed!!
1 1 /3/4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
- Nonstick cooking spray
1 teaspoon Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes (no sugar added) drained
2 cups artichoke hearts (packed in water NOT oil) drained and quartered
- 7 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 C low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 4 T cream cheese at room temperature and cut into small chunks
- Spray a large, nonstick frying pan with nonstick spray and heat over high heat.
- While heating, sprinkle chicken breasts with Dash of Desperation Seasoning.
- Place chicken in the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side, searing.
- Reduce heat to medium high and add the tomatoes, artichokes, broth and Garlic & Spring Onion.
- Cover and let simmer for 6 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the spinach and put the cover back on. Let simmer for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir in the cream cheese and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Serve hot.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 6 ounces of chicken and 1/4 of the vegetable mixture with sauce.
1 - Leaner
3 - Green
3 - Condiments
1 - Healthy Fat
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story