Chicken with Garlic and Spring Onion Cream
Spring onions (aka chives) are everywhere this time of year- I even have them popping up in my lawn of all places! This sweet, tender onion family member adds incredible flavor to low-carb cooking and is this Chicken with Garlic and Spring Onion Cream dinner centerpiece.
This simple, one-pot meal is so incredibly rich and delicious you'll hardly believe that it is not only low carb but approved for many diets (including Optavia 5&1, Weight Watchers, South Beach Diet, and more.)
Pair this dish with your favorite greens like steamed broccoli, green beans, or even wilted spinach. You'll want the simple preparation of the veggies to complement the WOW factor of the sauce.
Imagine taking a bite of this warm, rich chicken bathed in garlic cream with just a touch of lemon. As the combination of flavors rolls over your tongue, you'll be pleasantly delighted, not only in the richness but in the ease with which you got it done. Give this one a try- I promise, it's divine!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 3/8" thickness
1 teaspoons Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning (or nnatural sea salt and black pepper)
- 1 C low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon (1 capful) Stacey Hawkins Garlic and Spring Onion Seasoning (or fresh garlic, chives, salt, pepper and lemon)
- 4 Tablespoons lowfat cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- fresh basil, parsley and/or lemon wedges for garnish if desired
- Pound chicken into 3/8" thickness. The easiest way to do this is to place one breast in a large plastic bag and hit with the back of a small frying pan. Be careful to do this on a cutting board, or other safe surface. You do not want to crack your countertops!
- Spray a large, nonstick pan with cooking spray and place the pan over medium-high heat.
- Season each chicken breast with a pinch of Dash of Desperation Seasoning. When the pan is hot, place chicken in the pan.
- Cook chicken for 5-7 minutes one one side then flip to the other side. Cook an additional 5 minutes more.
- Add the broth, lemon juice and Garlic and Spring Onion to the pan. Stir well to combine. Using a spatula, scrape all the yummy brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Let the mixture come to a simmer and continue to cook for 10-12 minutes until the sauce is reduced to only about 1/3 of a cup.
- Add the cream cheese and butter to the pan and whisk to combine.
- Remove from stove and sprinkle with fresh basil or other herbs and fresh lemon wedges or slices if desired. Serve hot with your favorite side dish.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size 6 oz. chicken with 1 T sauce
0 - Lean
1 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
0 - Green
3 - Condiments
1 - Healthy Fat
2 Weight Watchers Ponits per serivng
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 13.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5.9 grams
- 135 milligrams
- 158 milligrams
- 1.3 grams
- .1 grams
- .1 grams
- 37.1 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!