Cheesy Chicken & Cauliflower Bake
One dish dinners are the bomb.
I mean really, why wash more stuff than you have to at night, right?
I stumbled on this recipe not too long ago when I was staring at the fridge (almost empty as it's been a little busy lately...) and trying to conjure up something for dinner. Since I had a few basics on hand, I decided to try this Cheesy Chicken and Cauliflower Bake and the results were RAVE!
It takes only a few minutes to throw together, then throw in the oven and go! You can even pre-make it in the morning and then put in the fridge and throw in the oven when you get home. The chicken comes out so tender, the rice is delicately flavored and the gooey cheese... well, it brings it ALL together!
One great thing about this recipe is that it's another of what I call my "Little Black Dress Recipes." You can easily interchange the seasonings to change the flavors of the dish to make it whatever you want. Try Rockin' Ranch for a more tarragon forward flavor, Kickin' Cajun for a little spicy twist or even Skinny Scampi for a lemon, garlic herb flavor. Whatever you choose, I promise you're going to love it!
As a PS- my family, especially my son LOVED this. He had no idea it was made with cauliflower rice. As an added PS- I can tell you it's even better the next day as a leftover :)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 3/4" chunks
2 teaspoons Stacey Hawkins Roasted Garlic Oil
6 T Half and Half
- 6 cups grated cauliflower (fresh works best, but you can also use frozen)
- 1 C light OR 1/2 C regular shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In a large skillet, heat Roasted Garlic Oil over medium-high heat.
Add the chicken to the skillet, season with a pinch of Dash of Desperation and sauté until slightly golden brown and tender (about 10-12 minutes.)
- While chicken is cooking, cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces and grate into "rice" using a box grater into a large bowl. You may also do this by pulsing a few pieces at a time in the food processor
- Spray a 9x11 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and add the cauliflower into a single layer in the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle the chicken in the skillet with Garlic and Spring Onion Seasoning. Pour the half and half into the skillet and stir, scraping up all the browned bits off the bottom.
- Pour the chicken and cream mixture over the cauliflower and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 15-20 minutes until hot and melty.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 1/4 of this dish (approximately 1 1/2 C Cauliflower and 6 ounces chicken breast).
0 - Lean
1 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
3 - Green
3 - Condiments
1 - Healthy Fat
**Nutrition information is calculated using regular, not low fat cheddar cheese.
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story