Cheesy Burger Bombs
Every now and then a recipe comes along that blows my mind. These Cheesy Burger Bombs are not only Low Carb, Lean and Green Recipes, they're so delicious that everyone who eats them wants more and more!
What I also love about them is that they use up the zucchini that seems to be everywhere right now and help get more flavorful veggies in as well. Mixing together the beef and the cheese with the robust flavor of Flavor Quake Steak Seasoning is the key to success.
The result is a ooey, gooey, cheesy burger wrapped in a flavorful and delicious veggie cup that is as beautiful as it is tasty. Cooking them in the air fryer makes it super fast and cleanup a breeze.
Give this one a try, I PROMISE you won't be disappointed!
- 1 1/2 pounds 97% lean ground beef or turkey
1/2 C shredded cheese of your choice, divided (use low-fat if on Optavia)
- 4 zucchini "cups" made from round zucchinis cut in half, or a large zucchini chunk (3" by 4" thick) and hollowed out, leaving 1/2" of flesh in the bottom of the cup.
- Combine the beef, Flavor Quake Steak Seasoning and 1/2 of the cheese in a bowl using your hands.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and form into loose balls.*
- Place one ball of meat mixture into each zucchini cup.
- Place in the air fryer** and cook for 15 minutes at 350.
- Open the air fryer and sprinkle burger bombs with remaining cheese. Cook for 1 additional minute until cheese is melted,
- Remove from the air fryer, and plate with your favorite additional greens and burger condiments if desired. (Be sure to count them correctly if on Optavia!)
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 1 Burger Bomb:
* Don't pack the meat too tightly as it will take longer to cook. Plus, you get a more crisp outer texture from the burger this way.
** If you don't have an air fryer, you can cook these in a casserole dish in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story