Cooking on the grill is one of the highlights of my summer. I love the fact that the food tastes so great, the cooking is done outside and of course, clean-up is so much easier! Sometimes, though, grilling can be a lot of work. And too much work means no fun (and probably something I won't make!) For this reason, I introduce to you Cheat Kebabs!
Who needs to take the time to thread all those little pieces of meat and veggies on a stick when you can just throw them in a grill basket, shut the lid and let them cook? NO ONE. Cheat Kebabs are a super easy way to make Good Food, Fast and Easy.
Even better, they're perfect for one, for a crowd or for meal prep. You can even prep them the night before, or even at the beginning of the week and cook them when you're ready.
Super easy, versatile and flexible (mix up the meats and veggies to whatever you like) this low carb meal is great as a Lean and Green Recipe, if you're on an HCG diet (just omit the fat) or if you're on a keto style diet. Enjoy this Cheat Kebab recipe tonight!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25-35 Minutes
- Total Time: 35-45 Minutes
Servings: 4 Serving
- 4 C mixed veggies (peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, yellow squash, etc.) chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds (24 oz) chicken breast meat cut into 1" chunks
- 1-2 Tablespoons Stacey Hawkins Classic Chicken Seasoning, or Garlic Gusto Seasoning or Tuscan Fantasy Seasoning or Rockin' Ranch Seasoning (or lemon, pepper, garlic, onion, parsley, salt & pepper)
- 4 teaspoons Stacey Hawkins Roasted Garlic Oil (or lemon, pepper, garlic, onion, parsley, salt & pepper)
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- Preheat grill to medium-high eat (about 375 degrees).
- Chop veggies and put them in a large bowl./step]
- Cut chicken into chunks and add to the bowl with the veggies.
- Sprinkle the chicken and veggies with the seasoning, oil and vinegar. Toss to coat.
- Place grill basket on a cookie sheet (just to keep your counters clean) and pour the veg/chicken mix into the grill basket.
- Turn off the center burner on the grill and place just the basket (not the cookie sheet) in the middle of the grill so it's not directly over open flame (you're using the indirect cooking method here- if you don't everything will burn on the outside and not cook in the middle!)
- Close the lid and let the mix cook for 10 minutes. Open the lid and using a spatula, toss the mixture around so that everything cooks evenly. Cook an additional 10 minutes and check again. Chicken will be done when it reaches an internal temp of 155-160. This time may vary depending on your grill. /step]
- When fully cooked, put the basket back on a (clean) cookie sheet to transport back to the kitchen and enjoy![
Serving Size is 6 ounces of chicken and 1 Cup of Mixed Veggies. Nutrition facts below are using chicken, red bell pepper and zucchini in the above recipe.
Like This Recipe?
Why not make more easy meals ALL the time? You don’t have to suffer any longer w ith dinners that take too long, have WAY too many ingredients and that turn out BORING.
Why not eat delicious foods that are easy to make and just might help you lose weight in the pro- cess? I know, it is a stupid question, lol. Thatʼs why Iʼm here- to help you make good food, fast and easy. Without Stacey Hawkins, food is boring. Want more? Check out all the Meal Making Systems here and then get cooking. All the reviews canʼt be wrong. Your tastebuds (and your jeans) are waiting!
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guaran- tee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.