Big Mac in a Bowl
In my quest to bring you the best, this week we WOW! another great recipe! Since this recipe hit the Lean and Green Recipe sites, it's blown up like wildfire.
Once again, BE CAREFUL though. We've seen lots of versions of this Optavia Big Mac in a Bowl Low Carb Recipe, and have to tell you, the ingredients (especially the condiments) and the calorie counts are all over the place.
Please pay attention to recipes you follow and ALWAYS double check recipes and counts before making. (You NEVER have to worry about Stacey's recipes if you're on program though! We always double check for compliance with Optavia 5&1 Counts before publishing).
One thing we did notice in many of the comments on other recipes was that this one was easy and looked great, but lacked flavor. NO MORE! Stacey's gone ahead and worked her Wow! magic on this recipe and recreated it in such a way that it is super easy, but more importantly, takes the parameters of a low carb diet recipe (especially those of you looking for Optavia 5&1 Diet Recipes) and made sure it complies.
Ready? Here we go! Give this one a try, WE PROMISE you won't be disappointed!
- 6 ounces 97% lean ground beef (or turkey if preferred)
- 2 C shredded lettuce
- 1/4 C chopped tomatoes
- 2 dill pickles, cut into rounds
- 1 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 2 T Light Thousand Island Dressing
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 T reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Place a small frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add the ground beef and Garlic & Spring Onion Seasoning.
- Saute until fully cooked, about 8-10 minutes total. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly while making salad.
- Add the lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions to a bowl. Toss to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together dressing and vinegar.
- Top the salad with the ground beef, sprinkle with sesame seeds and cheese and drizzle with dressing.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is this entire dish and is 1 Leanest Lean, 2 Healthy Fats, 3 Green and 3 Condiment servings.
In this recipe, we used a low-sodium dill pickle as the sodium content in pickles can be quite high. Choose a pickle that's right for your dietary needs.
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 12.4 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3.4 grams
- 137 milligrams
- 456 milligrams
- 19 grams
- 2.8 grams
- 10.1 grams
- 50.2 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!