Make Crispy Croutons with this Optavia Biscuit Hack
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
There's nothing quite like the crisp, yummy texture and flavor of croutons. A Caesar salad just wouldn't be the same without them... and wouldn't soup be lonely?
If you love the crunch of a good crouton, but following a low carb program, you're going to really flip out over this simple, delicious recipe.
Simply by taking one Optavia Biscuit Mix (here I use the cheddar herb) we can make a batch of croutons you'll savor. Enjoy them wherever you would love a little extra crispy nom-nom.
By the way... if you want, you don't have to break them up after cooking- you can keep them as one large cracker and enjoy with your favorite topping!
Simple, easy and deliciously crunchy. You've got this!
- 1 packet Optavia Cheddar Herb Biscuits
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Pour contents of packet into a small bowl.
- Add the water and juice and stir well with a small spatula.
- Spray a medium sized, flat dish (or use a large bowl with a flat bottom) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the mixture into the dish and carefully spread into a thin layer. It should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the microwave, let cool and then break into pieces. Serve cool.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size 1/2 to 1 "biscuit" and is counted as one Meal Replacement (1/2 or 1 of the "5" in your 5 &1), Optavia Cheddar Herb Biscuits and is 1 entire packet.
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!