Stacey Hawkins, the Queen of Lean and Green Recipes makes Stuffed Eggplant (or Zucchini) Provençale. This low-carb recipe is an Optavia Recipe, Optavia 5 and 1 recipe and complies with most low carb diets. Eat great and lose the weight!
Stuffed Eggplant (or Zucchini) Provençale
Eggplant is often overlooked when it comes to Lean and Green Recipes. I think that's because we're so used to it being sliced and fried rather than as a tender, yummy veggie that it has the potential to be.
Moderate in carbohydrates (1/2 cup is still a portion, however) eggplant is a mild tasting vegetable that takes on the flavor of whatever it is cooked with.
In this easy dish, we use not only the tender and tasty flesh, but the eggplant itself comes in handy as a beautiful serving bowl.
- 2 small eggplants (about 6-7” each) can also use zucchini
- natural sea salt
- 2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 T (one capful) Stacey Hawkins Garlic and Spring Onion Seasoning, Garlic Gusto Seasoning or Simply Brilliant Seasoning (or garlic, onion, parsley, lemon and paprika)
- 1 C fresh tomatoes, diced (or canned, drained well)
- ½ C zucchini, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ C mushrooms, sliced
- 1 C chicken stock, preferably low sodium
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut eggplants into halves, lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scoop out the seeds and throw away.
- Scoop out the zucchini flesh, leaving ¾ inch of thickness around the inside to make a shell.
- Dice the scooped flesh & set aside. Sprinkle a little salt over the shell halves and set aside.
- Heat Garlic Oil in a large skillet until sizzling.
- Add turkey and diced eggplant. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until turkey is opaque. Stir in Garlic Gusto seasoning and remaining vegetables and cook for an additional minute.
- Rinse eggplant halves to remove salt. Pat them dry and place hollow side up in a baking dis big enough to hold all 4 halves (or use 2 baking dishes.)
- Scoop turkey mixture equally into eggplant shells. Pour stock into the bottom of the pan (use an additional cup if using 2 baking dishes) and place on the middle rack in the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until eggplant is fork tender.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 1 half eggplant shell which is approximately 7 ounces ground turkey and 1 1/2 cups vegetables.
0 - Lean
0 - Leaner
1 - Leanest
3 - Green
1 - Condiments
1 - Healthy Fat
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 5.3 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1.3 grams
- 143 milligrams
- 137 milligrams
- 7.3 grams
- 3.7 grams
- 4 grams
- 62.4 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!