Whether you’re on program (Optavia, keto, low-carb, etc.) or not, succulent, juicy and perfectly cooked steak makes for an incredible lunch, dinner or even breakfast (think eggs, yum!). The secret to making a world class steak is easy- it starts with seasoning and finishes with proper cooking technique.
The steps are simple and the results are OUTRAGEOUS! This Throw Together Thursday meal is made complete by the addition of a yummy side dish like Restaurant Style Broccoli Rabe, Sauteed Veggies with Lemon & Garlic or Creamy Cole Slaw.
2- 10 ounce steaks good for grilling (ask your butcher for suggestions) about 1 1/2″ thick
1 Tablespoon (1 Capful) Stacey Hawkins Flavor Quake Steak Seasoning (or other dry steak seasoning)
- Trim all visible fat from the steak and pour the capful of seasoning over the meat. Pat the seasoning carefully into the beef so that it sticks.
- Let the steak rest for 3-5 minutes so the seasonings have a chance to rehydrate. While the steak is resting, turn on your gas grill (or indoor grill, charcoal grill, etc) and heat to 400 degrees F.
- When hot, place the steak in the center of the grill and cook for 6-8 minutes, seasoning side UP. After 8 minutes, DO NOT FLIP THE STEAK OVER, but rather, using tongs, rotate it 45 degrees. Allow it to cook for an additional 6-8 minutes, or until steak reaches desired temperature as verified by a meat thermometer.
- Place the steak on a cutting board and let it rest for 3 minutes. Putting the steak on a super hot grill and cooking on one side only allows a lovely crust to form on the outside while letting the beef cook slowly internally. Letting it rest allows the steak to finish cooking on the inside while also keeping it nice and juicy.
- Slice the steak nice and thin, on a diagonal using a very sharp knife (careful!) This allows the crust to stay in place.
- Serve piping hot with a lovely side dish! Save the leftovers (if any…) for a salad, sandwich, wrap or to serve with eggs at a future meal. Enjoy!
Makes 4, 5 ounce servings.
Optavia Recipe / Lean and Green Recipe / 5 & 1 Food Counts for the Optavia & Medifast Program
5 ounces of clean grilled beef is 1 lean option and 1/2 condiment option.
Like this recipe?
Why not make more easy meals ALL the time?
You don’t have to suffer any longer with dinners that take too long, have WAY too many ingredients and that turn out BORING.
Why not eat delicious foods that are easy to make and just might help you lose weight in the process? I know, it is a stupid question, lol. That’s why I’m here- to help you make good food, fast and easy. Without Stacey Hawkins, food is boring. Want more? Check out all the Meal Making Systems here and then get cooking. All the reviews can’t be wrong. Your tastebuds (and your jeans) are waiting!
One- Step Lean and Green Meal Making Systems Now Available at a Discount!
Click Image above to find out more.
Follow me on:
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.