I love the warm, rich, robust flavors of Indian food, although I am not a fan of really “hot & spicy” styles. This light, brothy chicken curry recipe is a delightful feast for the senses that has amazing flavor, but really no “heat” thanks to the Spices of India seasoning. Full of chicken and vegetables, this lean and green recipe will surprise you. Not spicy, just mild and tasty and makes great leftovers for lunch the next day. You can serve over cauliflower rice as well (be sure to count!)
1.25 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs OR 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 C red bell pepper, seeded & chopped into 1″ chunks
2 C diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
1 tsp salt (optional)
1/2 C water
2 C fresh cauliflower, cut into 1″ florets (NOT smaller- will overcook)
fresh cilantro for garnish if desired.
- Place chicken in a single layer in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine pepper, tomatoes, spices, salt and water. Pour over chicken.
- Place cauliflower florets on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, until chicken is fork tender.
- Ladle into 4 bowls and garnish with cilantro if desired.
- Serve hot.
Medifast recipe servings / Take Shape for Life recipe servings / Optavia recipe servings / Lean and Green Recipe servings: 1/4 of this recipe is 1 lean (chicken) 3 green (peppers, tomatoes, cauliflower), 1 condiments (spices.)
Check out Stacey’s Lean & Green Meal Making Systems- Make AMAZING Lean and Green meals, with little to no effort!
Get FREE weekly motivation, recipes, tips and more!
The post Simple Chicken Curry- a Lean and Green Recipe for the Slow Cooker appeared first on Stacey Hawkins.