Shrimp Pad Thai or Chicken Pad Thai
If you LOVE the flavor of Pad Thai but think you can't eat it on a low-carb program, think again!
Stacey's put here WOW! twist on the original Shrimp Pad Thai Lean and Green recipe and created a version that is as beautiful to eat as it is delicious. (She's created a version for chicken as well.)
Mouthwateringly simple and delicious, this Shrimp Pad Thai recipe combines the flavors of sesame, peanuts and ginger with the crispy crunch of cabbage and green onions and piles it all on top of spaghetti squash noodles to blow you away!
Want flexibility? you can easily use chicken instead of shrimp and zucchini noodles instead of spaghetti squash to make a Lean and Green Pad Thai Recipe that is sure to please.
- 4 C cooked spaghetti squash (22 oz) or 4 C uncooked zucchini noodles (8 oz)
- 28 ounces cooked chicken breast, shredded or 28 ounces cooked shrimp, tails & shells removed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons smooth peanut butter (1.33 ounces) (no sugar added)
- 1/2 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 T low sodium soy sauce
- 2 C assorted vegetables, sliced thin (cabbage, broccoli florets, carrots (if not carb-conscious) red peppers, bean sprouts (no need to cut)
1 tsp Stacey Hawkins Toasted Sesame Ginger Blend
- 4 T sliced scallions OR cilantro OR a combination of both for garnish
- If using spaghetti squash, get it cooking. Easiest way is to slice in half, scoop out seeds and place upside down on a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for 7-10 minutes until it is fork tender. When cool, fork out the flesh of the squash, measure 4 C and set aside to keep warm. You can refrigerate the rest for another meal.
- Measure chicken broth in a glass measuring cup. Add peanut butter and soy sauce and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Whisk together unti peanut butter is incorporated. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds if necessary.
- Add oil to a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When oil is shimmering and hot, add veggies and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Add the chicken to the pan.
- Add the "noodles" to the pan.
- Sprinkle pan with Toasted Sesame Ginger seasoning.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the pan and using tongs, toss everything gently to coat in the mixture. Cook for 1-3 minutes until noodles are hot.
- Divide into 4 equal portions, garnish each portion with 1T scallions &/or cilantro and serve.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 1/4 of the entire pan and is 1 Leanest, 3 Green, 2 Healthy Fats and 3 Condiment options. Nutrition information calculated using 1 C green cabbage, 1/4 C red pepper and 1/4 C bean sprouts.
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!