Shrimp Pad Thai or Chicken Pad Thai
If you LOVE the flavor of Pad Thai but think you can't eat it on a low-carb program, think again!
Stacey's put here WOW! twist on the original Shrimp Pad Thai Lean and Green recipe and created a version that is as beautiful to eat as it is delicious. (She's created a version for chicken as well.)
Mouthwateringly simple and delicious, this Shrimp Pad Thai recipe combines the flavors of sesame, peanuts and ginger with the crispy crunch of cabbage and green onions and piles it all on top of spaghetti squash noodles to blow you away!
Want flexibility? you can easily use chicken instead of shrimp and zucchini noodles instead of spaghetti squash to make a Lean and Green Pad Thai Recipe that is sure to please.
4 C cooked spaghetti squash (22 oz) or 4 C uncooked zucchini noodles (8 oz) or 1 pkg Palmini or Shiratake Noodles
28 ounces cooked chicken breast, shredded or 28 ounces cooked shrimp
2 1/2 teaspoons smooth peanut butter (1.33 ounces) (no sugar added) *
- 1/2 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 T low sodium soy sauce
- 2 C assorted vegetables, sliced thin (cabbage, broccoli florets, carrots (if not carb-conscious) red peppers, bean sprouts (no need to cut)
- 4 T sliced scallions OR cilantro OR a combination of both for garnish
- If using spaghetti squash, get it cooking. Easiest way is to slice in half, scoop out seeds and place upside down on a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for 7-10 minutes until it is fork tender. When cool, fork out the flesh of the squash, measure 4 C and set aside to keep warm. You can refrigerate the rest for another meal.
Measure chicken broth in a glass measuring cup. Add peanut butter and soy sauce and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Whisk together until peanut butter is incorporated. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds if necessary.
- Add oil to a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When oil is shimmering and hot, add veggies and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until crisp-tender.
Add the chicken or shrimp to the pan and saute for 1 minutes.
Add the "noodles" to the pan & sprinkle with Toasted Sesame Ginger Seasoning
Pour the peanut butter mixture into the pan and using tongs, toss everything gently to coat in the mixture. Drizzle with a little extra soy sauce. Cook for 1-3 minutes until noodles are hot.
- Divide into 4 equal portions, garnish each portion with 1T scallions &/or cilantro and serve.
Chef's Notes & More
Optavia Lean and Green Counts:
1/4 of the entire pan is
2 Healthy Fats and
3 Condiment options.
Nutrition information calculated using 1 C green cabbage, 1/4 C red pepper and 1/4 C bean sprouts.
* If you are not on a calorie or carb restricted program, you can double the amount of peanut butter for a thicker, richer and more peanut forward flavor to the sauce.
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story