Portofino Salad with Balsamic
Do you share my love/hate relationship with salad? Let's face it salad can get kind of tired. The same ingredients in and out over some lettuce with a little bit of dressing (or none at all) can become less than appealing. Is it any wonder people get sick of eating them?
And then again, salad... when can you eat so much for so little caloric cost?
Today I have a recipe that not only is SUPER low in calories and has virtually NO carbs, but it's full of fresh ingredients put together in a new way and topped with thick, rich and oh-so-yummy Balsamic Mosto Cotto.
Meet Portofino Salad. A blend of portobello mushrooms, crisp & peppery arugula and sweet succulent shrimp all tossed together to make an easy, Lean and Green Recipe you won't soon forget.
This recipe could also be used if you're on a HCG diet in the Very Low Calorie phase. Simply eliminate the oil and put a lid on while cooking the mushrooms & shrimp.
Portofino Salad with Balsamic
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 4 Serving
- 8 C mixed lettuce (arugula, mesclun, butter, etc.) into 1" pieces
- 4 teaspoons Stacey Hawkins Roasted Garlic Oil (or garlic and oil of your choice)
- 2 C portobello mushroom pieces
- 24 ounces (1 1/2 pounds) raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed (ok to use frozen)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Garlic Gusto Seasoning or Mediterranean Seasoning or Tuscan Fantasy Seasoning(or lemon, pepper, garlic, onion, parsley, salt & pepper)
- 4 T Stacey Hawkins Balsamic Mosto Cotto
- Shred lettuce and divide equally among 4 plates / bowls.
- Add oil to frying pan and heat over medium high heat.[/step]
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 3-4 minutes, until liquid just starts to release. (If using frozen shrimp, add them after 1 minute of sauteeing the mushrooms. If not frozen, go to next step after 4 min.)
- Add the shrimp and sprinkle the mixture with seasoning. Saute for an additional 3-4 minutes until shrimp is completely cooked.
- Set the shrimp aside to cool for a few minutes. (If you put super hot shrimp on top of the lettuce, it will cook the lettuce. Yuck.)
- Divide the shrimp equally over the salad and drizzle with balsamic.
Are you on Optavia 5&1 and Stressing? Please stop worrying... I've got your back!
No more guesswork, no counting Leans and Greens and no more worrying about what to eat. Ever.
Stacey's helped THOUSANDS learn the secret to making ridiculously delicious meals that comply with program and KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF FOREVER!
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guaran- tee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.