Spring brings with it a whole new bounty of tender, crisp vegetables, including my favorite asparagus. This delicious recipe for Orange Garlic Chicken with Asparagus makes a (Lean and Green and Optavia recipe friendly) meal that brings out all the subtle, juicy flavors of this delicate spring green when combined with a pop of clean citrus. Made in just a few minutes, it’s great for a weeknight family meal for four, or, will make four individual meals when meal-prepping.
4 tsp Stacey Hawkins Valencia Orange Oil (or 4 tsp oil and 1 tsp grated orange peel)
1 medium onion, diced ***OMIT this ingredient if you are on Optavia / Medifast 5 & 1, or following a very strict low carb plan and use 2 capfuls of seasoning instead as onion is higher in carbohydrates)***
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast sliced into thin strips
1 T (one capful) Stacey Hawkins Simply Brilliant Lemon Pepper Seasoning ** Use 2 capfuls if leaving the onions out**
2 C fresh asparagus, woody stems removed & chopped into 1″ chunks
- Prep asparagus by trimming off the bottom woody parts and cutting into chunks. Note that the thinner the asparagus, the more tender the bottoms are and the less waste you have.
2. Chop the onion
3. Pour the Valencia Orange Oil into the pan and then heat it up over medium high heat.
4. Saute the onion for 2-3 minutes, until slightly browned. ** Skip this part if omitting the onion and go right to step 5.)
5. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly less pink. Then add the Stacey Hawkins Simply Brilliant Seasoning for that lemony-pepper pop of additional citrus flavor.
6. Cook the chicken for an additional 5-7 minutes, until almost all the pink is gone, then add the asparagus.
7. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is tender and crisp then remove from heat and serve hot.
This recipe is fabulous on its own, over cauliflower rice or even served chilled as a cold salad.
Optavia Recipe / Lean and Green Recipe / 5 & 1 Food Counts for the Optavia & Medifast Program
1/4 of this recipe (without onion) is 1 Lean (leanest protein) 1 Green, 1 Healthy Fat and 2 Condiments
Don’t suffer any longer with boring meals that take too long to make, have WAY too many ingredients and that turn out bleh. Why not eat delicious foods that are easy to make and just might help you lose weight in the process? I know, it is a stupid question, lol. That’s why I’m here- to help you make good food, fast and easy. Without Stacey Hawkins, food is boring. Want more? Check out all the Meal Making Systems here and then get cooking. All the reviews can’t be wrong. Your tastebuds (and your jeans) are waiting!