Cucumber Salad with Lemon and Dill (Tzatziki Salad)
Knowing how we all LOVE variety when it comes to our Lean and Green meals, I've gladly broadened my horizons over the last two years in the hopes of creating new recipes, ingredients and of course, fun. And who is more fun than the Greeks?
This week we had a bounty of cucumbers from our garden AND grass fed, ground Hudson Valley Lamb was on sale. There's no better set of ingredients for a Lean and Green Greek Feast than these two. You just need to add garlic and dill and voila. Dinner is Done.
I took the lamb and made some simple burgers featuring classic Greek herbs (get the recipe here) and I paired it with this easy and delicious spin on traditional tzatziki salad. The result? An OMG combination that everyone loved.
Give this one a try and I promise, you and your family will be shouting a hearty Opa! before the dishes are even cleared.
Super easy, quick and delicious this low carb meal is great as a Lean and Green Recipe, an HCG recipe, Weight Watchers or keto recipe. In Santorini, this is how you do it; Branzino by the sea & gyro while strolling the cobblestone streets. Make this recipe & have someone take YOUR picture and you'll see exactly the same smile!
- 4 C fresh cucumbers, chopped or spiraled
1/2 Tablespoons Stacey Hawkins Simply Brilliant Seasoning (or garlic, onion, lemon, lime, parsley, salt )
- 1/2 C plain, nonfat or lowfat Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoons Stacey Hawkins Citrus Dill Seasoning (or garlic, onion, lemon, parsley, dill )
- Add the yogurt and spices to a medium sized bowl and using a spatula, combine well.
- Prepare the cucumbers. If spiralizing, squeeze the excess water out of the cucumbers before placing in the bowl with the yogurt mixture.
- Using tongs, gently toss the cukes and the yogurt, coating the cucumbers in the dressing.
- Let rest for 15 minutes (up to overnight) before serving to let flavors develop.
- Serve chilled.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 1/4 of this recipe. Serves 4 people. Nutrition facts below using 2% yogurt.
0 - Lean
0 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
2 - Green
2 - Condiments
0 - Healthy Fat
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story