Chicken with Lemon Caper Butter Sauce (Instant Pot Lean and Green Recipe)
Ever wonder how restaurants make those intensely flavored, rich and decadent sauces that leave you wanting more? Wonder no longer! Today I'm sharing a quick little secret and even better, how to do it in the Instant Pot!
The Instant Pot is a great way to make quick, easy and most of all juicy and delicious Instant Pot Lean and Green recipes. Here, the fresh and intense flavors of lemon and capers totally transform simple chicken tenderloin pieces into master pieces. The sauce is finished with just a touch of rich, creamy butter and tops off the dish beautifully.
Serve alone, with some steamed veggies or better yet, over cauliflower rice. Great as an Optavia Recipe, a Weight Watchers Recipe and also a keto chicken recipe.
Happy Cooking & Enjoy!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloins, excess fat removed
1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Garlic and Spring Onion Seasoning (or garlic, chives, lemon, parsley and sea salt)
- 1/2 C low sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon Stacey Hawkins Brightening Blend (or 2 T fresh lemon juice)/ingrd]
- 4 Tablespoons capers
- 2 Tablespoons butter (NOT margarine or low cal spread)
- Natural Sea Salt and Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place the chicken in a single layer on the bottom of the Instant Pot .
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the broth, Garlic and Spring Onion and Brightening Blend seasonings. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with the capers.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the seal position. Turn the pot to high pressure (or poultry setting) and time for 10 minutes. Let the pot come to temp and cook. When the timer is done, turn the Instant Pot off and use the quick release method to release the steam.
Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and set aside (cover to keep warm.) Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and bring the liquid to a boil. Whisk in the butter and let the sauce cook until the liquid is reduced by half. Turn off the Instant Pot and drizzle the sauce over the chicken to serve. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Serve with your favorite steamed veggies for a colorful and tasty side dish. My favs. are green beans or broccoli!
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 6 ounces of chicken (1 Lean) and 3 T sauce (3 Condiment & 1 Healthy Fat)
0 - Lean
1 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
0 - Green
3 - Condiments
1 - Healthy Fat
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 5.9 grams
- Saturated Fat
- .1 grams
- 143 milligrams
- 465 milligrams
- .6 grams
- .3 grams
- .2 grams
- 48.3 grams