Tired of the old chicken and vegetables? This Lean and Green, low carb and Optavia lean and green friendly meal will have you over the moon, I promise! Made in just minutes, this easy recipe is one that you and your family will love.
In this week's recipe, we crisp up some chicken in a non-stick skillet and put it together with an assortment of veggies that make for a plate full of color, of flavor and deliciousness.
You can vary this dish by using ANY kind of no-carb noodles (other photo using Palmini noodles) and any kind of veggies. Just make sure that you use ones that are colorful and low in glycemic index. Great as an Optavia Recipe, a Weight Watchers Recipe and also a keto chicken recipe.
Happy cooking & enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, excess fat removed
1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Classic Chicken Seasoning (or other favorite seasoning)
- 1 cups fresh chopped garden tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cups fresh chopped broccoli
- 1 cups fresh chopped mushrooms
- 1 cups fresh chopped green beans
- 2 cups zucchini or other no carb noodles
1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Garlic Gusto
or Garlic and Spring Onion Seasoning (or fresh garlic, onion, lemon and parsley)
- 2/3 c low sodium chicken bouillon
2 T butter (not margarine or low cal. spread)
- Natural Sea Salt and Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and sprinkle both sides with Classic Chicken seasoning. Cook for 7-10 minutes on each side, until thoroughly cooked.
- While chicken is cooking, make the primavera.
Grab another large skillet and spray it with nonstick spray. Heat over medium heat and add all veggies (except noodles) and Garlic Seasoning and sauté for about 5 minutes until bright in color. Add the broth to the pan and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil and let it cook until the liquid reduces to half.
- Remove the veggie pan from the heat and stir the butter into the remaining liquid.
- For the noodles, you can do one of a few things: A) toss in with the veggies at the end to warm B) heat up the noodles in a separate skillet with a little nonstick cooking spray or broth C) give them a quick 1 minute spin in the microwave.
Spoon veggies and sauce over the noodles and top off with chicken. Serve warm.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 6 ounces of chicken and 1 & 1/2 C of veggies.
0 - Lean
1 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
3 - Green
1 - Condiments
1 - Healthy Fat
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 7.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1.9 grams
- 116 milligrams
- 125 milligrams
- 7.7 grams
- 2.9 grams
- 3.2 grams
- 38.9 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!