Tired of the old chicken and vegetables? This Lean and Green, low carb and Optavia lean and green friendly meal will have you over the moon, I promise! Made in just minutes, this easy recipe is one that you and your family will love.
In this week's recipe, we crisp up some chicken in a non-stick skillet and put it together with an assortment of veggies that make for a plate full of color, of flavor and deliciousness.
You can vary this dish by using ANY kind of no-carb noodles (see it below using Palmini noodles) and any kind of veggies. Just make sure that you use ones that are colorful and low in gylcemic index. Great as an Optavia Recipe, a Weight Watchers Recipe and also a keto chicken recipe. Happy cooking & enjoy!
With Palmini Noodles and no chicken
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Servings: ~4 Serving
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, excess fat removed
- 1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Classic Chicken Seasoning (or other favorite seasoning)
- 1 cups fresh chopped garden tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cups fresh chopped broccoli
- 1 cups fresh chopped mushrooms
- 1 cups fresh chopped green beans
- 2 cups zucchini or other no carb noodles
- 1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Garlic Gusto or Garlic and Spring Onion Seasoning (or fresh garlic, onion, lemon and parsley)
- 2/3 c low sodium chicken bouillon
- 2 T butter (not margarine or low cal spread)
- Natural Sea Salt and Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and sprinkle both sides with Classic Chicken seasoning. Cook for 7-10 minutes on each side, until thoroughly cooked.
- While chicken is cooking, make the primavera.
- Grab another large skillet and spray it with nonstick spray. Heat over medium heat and add all veggies (except noodles) and Garlic Seasoning and saute for about 5 minutes until bright in color. Add the broth to the pan and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil and let it cook until the liquid reduces to half.
- Remove the veggie pan from the heat and stir the butter into the remaining liquid.
- For the noodles, you can do one of a few things: A) toss in with the veggies at the end to warm B) heat up the noodles in a separate skillet with a little nonstick cooking spray or broth C) give them a quick 1 minute spin in the microwave.
- Spoon veggies and sauce over the noodles and top off with chicken. Serve warm.
Serving Size is 6 ounces of chicken (1 Lean) and 1 & 1/2 C of veggies (3 Green, 1 Condiment & 1 Healthy Fat)
Are you on Optavia 5&1 and Stressing? Please stop worrying... I've got your back!
No more guesswork, no counting Leans and Greens and no more worrying about what to eat. Ever.
Stacey's helped THOUSANDS learn the secret to making ridiculously delicious meals that comply with program and KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF FOREVER!
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guaran- tee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.