Char Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
After a family "meeting" last week, we all decided that we were going to do our part to take better care of ourselves AND save the planet by consuming less animal protein.
It was an easy decision to make, to go meatless at least once a week, but of course, in my household, there is a huge challenge: I've created a group full of discerning palates who won't settle for boring and who want flavor!
Now, for the record, I am not picking on them, lol, it's totally my fault they're a bunch of foodies, so it's up to me to rise to the challenge and come up with flavorful creations that are easy and delicious.
I'll be sharing my successes (oh and watch Facebook because I'm sure there will definitely be some failure as well...) with the first one out of the gate this week- Char Grilled Cauliflower Steaks. These will knock your socks off! So hearty, rich and delicious, we all left the table full and happy and looking forward to the next Meatless Monday. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Cheers and Happy Cooking- Stacey
Char Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: 4-6 Serving
- Turn on your outdoor grill and heat to 400 degrees.
- Cut your head of cauliflower in half from top to bottom.
- Slice 1, 1" steak off of each half by cutting straight down from top to bottom of each half. Reserve the extra cauliflower for an additional meal.
- Brush both sides of the cauliflower steaks with oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Turn off the center burner or two of the grill. You do not want the steaks to cook over a direct flame, rather you want to cook them indirectly. If you leave the outside burners on and the inside burners off, this should work fine. If the temperature drops, adjust the side burners accordingly to maintain heat.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook for 10 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot.
Like This Recipe?
Why not make more easy meals ALL the time? You don’t have to suffer any longer w ith dinners that take too long, have WAY too many ingredients and that turn out BORING.
Why not eat delicious foods that are easy to make and just might help you lose weight in the pro- cess? I know, it is a stupid question, lol. Thatʼs why Iʼm here- to help you make good food, fast and easy. Without Stacey Hawkins, food is boring. Want more? Check out all the Meal Making Systems here and then get cooking. All the reviews canʼt be wrong. Your tastebuds (and your jeans) are waiting!
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guaran- tee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.